Author Topic: Brake caliper piston  (Read 20919 times)

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Brake caliper piston
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »
Sounds like they use a lot of salt on the roads, Pekka. They have reduced it quite a bit here, but still, winter takes its toll.  I hate working on brakes. Drums are mostly what I've worked on -- disks I usually paid a mechanic to fix.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline PekkaNF

Re: Brake caliper piston
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 03:07:21 AM »
Jep, they have reduced here too. They have bunch of sensors on main roads then compute propabilies based on weaher forecast an decide how much to thro in a mix salt, sand and some woodo juice. Mainly on economical and enviromental criterias. But cars still rusts so hard that you can actually hear them rusting.

Took car of my wife into a garage, they change exhaust from cat to rear. Work should cost 50-60€ and now it's raining hard here, I don't like to lay under the car when it's drenched. But probably need to do the drums myself, because it's probably 2-3 hours of work may need to order more parts in the middle....might be more cost effective just to do it on my own back yard if I need to wait more parts for a day.

I don't mind disk brakes, but I just have had it with drum brakes.  Drum brakes are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

I wonder how did Mr. Brass brake fix go?

Pekka