Author Topic: A 360 view of my shop.  (Read 13773 times)

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
A 360 view of my shop.
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:40:45 PM »
Well this is me.. standing in the middle of a very small room, and photographing with my iphone.. that cant take wide angle photos. ;)

In the corner is my torn down BF20 CNC rebuild.. no. 3

Next to that is my Aciera F3 mill (about 20cm) ;D

And we keep turning left and find the lathe, and a small really annoyingly loud compressor.

And behind me from the lathe is my homebuilt beltsander.

A bench with a bigass toolbox to store .. well stuff in..

And finally clamping, allen wrenches and taps, drills, endmills and lathe tooling box.

The shop floor size is ~3m across and 6.5m long. ;)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Rob.Wilson

Re: A 360 view of my shop.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 04:04:48 PM »
Very nice well equipped shop  :thumbup:

hows the BF20 CNC build coming along ?

Rob

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
Well the bf20 is torn down for the third time having clearing issues in the base.  Cheap ballscrews tend to bend under rapid moves. So milled it out. And well to replace two ac bearings that got chips in them.  Its a learning curve still. ;)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »
Nice selection of tools!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
So after a while, my little bench has been a problem for storage.. i got more accessories for my Aciera.. So the old wood heating furnace had to go.. And Some c-channel, square tubing and 3mm sheet metal later.. i got myself a working bench.. The old bench got reused as a shelving under the bench, and now my TIG welder got some good space to sit at and i got a big nice steel surface to weld on. =)

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:02:34 PM »
Looking very tidy Andreas  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice welder you have there  :zap: , shame to see that slotting head under the bench ,,,,,,,,,,better send it my way  :lol: :lol:

Rob

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 12:32:08 PM »
Isnt it a pretty slotting head.. I think it likes its new home.. But it has whispered that Rob should conjour up some slotting head tool holders and send my way. *coughcough*  :poke:

Its a nice welder though. I have figured out its a "Cebas" italian machine, rebranded as R-Tech welding  (UK company).. And the price isnt too bad on a 200A AC/DC welder with foot pedal. =)

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
But it has whispered that Rob should conjour up some slotting head tool holders and send my way. *coughcough*  :poke:

Wonder who spread that rumour , I would need the slotting head to make sure they fit  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 01:31:28 PM »
Nice tools NeoTech, and great job of fitting all that in!  :thumbup: :clap:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Very nice
Have you done much with the welder
I am looking for a ac dc set

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
Very nice
Have you done much with the welder
I am looking for a ac dc set

I have welded a fair amount of hours with the machine, mostly steel. And tried some with aluminium. But i mostly do repair work and carparts for friends. But if you are looking for a set, yes i do recommend these machines. They are not in the low budget end of the scale. The machines themselves i suspect is Italian built with a modular electronics design. The handle, pedal, and consumeables is standard chinese and can be bought for cheap on ebay. They have swapped the connectors to Euro standard - which can be a hassle when buying stuff from the US otherwise not really an issue.

I tend to weld mostly with pedal and set a top amperage and a slope off.. i dont use the slope up thats what i have the pedal for. Then its of course learning process.. I cant bead as pretty as Rob yet, but i can slap metal pieces together without having to go outside. Like with my Mig welder that always tries to set the shop on fire..

Email "sales@r-techwelding.co.uk" and talk to Dylan and explain what you need and he will suggest something. I went with an analog 200A machine more for the price point than the function.. and i dont need the digital precision i tend to wing it most times anyway. =)

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 06:19:17 PM »
Thanks for that
You get what you pay for simple as that  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

Offline northumbrian

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »
Nice shop, Where did you find a Slotting head for an Aciera F3?

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 04:11:26 AM »
Yes i actually did, its not a tool that is used alot but when needed its awsome.. so it has its place on the shelf.

Here i post a picture of it. =)

Offline northumbrian

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »
I have only one response to the above

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »

You have a very nice well equipped workshop with some quality machinery.

Cheers David