Author Topic: Harrogate ME exhibition 2013  (Read 17914 times)

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Harrogate ME exhibition 2013
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
Awww..... John! I was hoping to meet you, at last...... 

Not sure there'll be a next year for me. The legs etc are still complaining.  :bang:

Anyroad! Here's a couple of Stirling engine vids.......

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

And, here's that boat again!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline mechman48

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »
Went this year but was disappointed that Chronos & ArcEuro weren't there, was specifically looking to see their stands as was intending to buy some 'stuff'' didn't know you guys were arranging to meet up wold have joined you, but as usual if you don't know what a person looks like 'ow you goin' to recognise anyone... I agree wi' some of the suggestions...wear some sort of label / badge so we can identify ea. other.

George
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2013, 01:11:50 AM »
I knew Arc weren't attending; Ketan had explained on the ME Forum that his on-line business is sp busy that taking time out puts him behind too much. I dare say the costs involved (transport, accommodation, and stall hire) aren't insignificant, either). This week, on my recommendation, a chap on anothe forum ordered an ER25 chuck (£40, as opposed to $200/£150 from Little Machine Shop) from Arc on Tuesday and received it on Thursday in New Jersey, so Ketan obviously does all he can to keep up with incoming orders.
I even missed Proops Bros. I usually ended up buying something from their miscellaneous junk, even if it was only a few file handles or similar.

Maybe we will see more of the bigger suppliers to the hobbyist dropping out as time goes by. There was a new ME/model show here in Manchester in 2012, and again this year, but I understand it won't be happening again. Thge only big playerthey attracted was RDG /"Myford"

Andy

Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline Pete49

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2013, 11:28:42 PM »
Nice pictures/videos Dave.  :thumbup: Loved the rowboat though the rower and crew look like they had too much of the heatwave  :clap:
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it