Author Topic: N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014  (Read 11261 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014
« on: April 22, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
Re: N.A.M.E.S. expo 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
Thank you. I was hoping it would be a bit later; it conflicts with a Mississippi Cruise so I won't be able to attend. Pity, I was looking forward to it.

Jim

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
Show is moving along, will be there the week before doing set up. Most of the vendor tables have been reserved. If you come I will be the one in the Top Hat! Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones. :dremel: :clap:

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline TLGriff

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
Thanks for the alert, I haven't been there in years. Maybe I'll head downriver this year and check it out.

Tom

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:49 AM »
They re did the Yak some time ago, it is a lot brighter than in the old days and the ventilation is better than it use to be. :ddb:

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 02:20:50 PM »
Looks interesting maybe next year I'll have to put it on the calender.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »
The director's had the finial meeting before the show. Set up days and times for the show was fixed. All 45 vendor tables and booths have been taken/sold. Hope everyone of the them will be in attendance. Hope every one has a good Easter weekend and then a safe trip if you are coming near or far to the show!

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »
After the usual assortment of fast food joints, Do hickeys Irish pub/bar across the street from the north end next to the fire house has good food. I haven't tried any of the walleye and other fish. The pizza place downtown have pretty good fair. There is a Subway shoppe on two short blocks west on Eureka rd and a short block south of the arena. In the bloc k before there is a new joint, called Jersey Giant subs. There is also the assortment of Mexican places, Outback  Olive garden et all between the arena and back to I-75.

The weather should be fair and in the mid 50's for Sat/Sun with part sun. on Friday they are calling for a soaking rain for mid morning towards afternoon. No snow or other stuff. Most of the roads coming in are clear or minimal construction.
I will say watch out as the pot holes are bad this spring and they are in full bloom.

The show was ready and the trucks were bring in the vendor stuff this year Little machine shop got their stuff, Sherline, and the others that have the stuff shipped in.
So if you have been thinking and are with in a couple hours drive come on down 48 vendors, demos and the usual great displays of models.

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
There is parking in the city lots which are around the arena. There have been a couple of people that have tried to be real sh*ts and park in the NO PARKING area's in front of or across from the Fire House. We had one that came real close too having his truck towed away. By parking in front of the Fire House bay's the ladder needs all the street's width to make the turn out of the house.There are handicap spaces across the width of the arena. There seems more people need them every year,  there is no reserved parking spaces for anybody at the show. They do park at the church lot, up the street and side streets in the area of the arena.

The tables filled up and it looks to be a good show, The vendors were busy setting up and the weather appears it is going to cooperate.

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 01:37:02 AM »
Well with the no parking sign you should have   "free no parking ticket sign"  then they can't say they weren't warned.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
I like the drive thru policy if they don't have time to tow it better! leaves a lasting impression :ddb:

For those that couldn't attend
Here is Steve and Peggy Hucks Pic's photo bucket album from today.
http://s770.photobucket.com/user/ste...rary/NAMES2014 Try and guess what the item in the last two photo's are of? By the way it is a scale model and it works of the full size item.  They added to the bucket after they left the show each day.

If you are not familiar with the NAMES show and are wondering if you should attend here are photos from the 2013 show.

http://neme-s.org/NAMES_2013/north_a...ngineering.htm

Errol Groff
Errol always does a get job of photoing the models, check back later in the week after he gets home and posts his pic's

Well another show wrapped up for a year it appears that most vendors, and customers went home happy. Had a pretty good turn out. Best part we broke it down and loaded it in the trailers in 3 1/2 hours. Sure beats the 4 days it takes to lay out and set up.  :thumbup: :clap:

Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
glen