Author Topic: Yesterdays Visitor  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Scuba1

Yesterdays Visitor
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
Yesterday it was raining most of the day, so I spent a fair few hours inside the boat. When I looked out the cabin window, I had a new neighbour on the finger peer next to me. So I grabbed the camera and slowly snuck out and around the side of the cabin, so as not to scare him off. he found a spot between the finger peer and the bulk head where there must have been no reflection on the surface of the water. It was drizzeling and I had the wrong lense on the camera, but did not want to move in case I would scare him away.

After about an hour of him sitting in that spot and me getting a bit damp, he found what he was looking for.

He picked that catfish right out between the gap of the peer and bulkhead. Threw it onto the board walk and stabbed it a few times with his beak, then took it over to one of the puddles in the yard, gave it a good rinse.

and down the hatch it went.

that show was well worth getting wet for in my opinion.

ATB

Michael

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Yesterdays Visitor
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
Hi Michael

Sometimes getting wet can have it's rewards. Those were a very nice set of photo's in your post. You always seem to have the camera ready no matter what or who comes visiting. I look forward to your new adventures as you post them from time to time.

How is Velcro doing? I have a new friend as well. He is called Lucky. He was a kitten, 4 weeks old that got attacked by a possum. I didn't think he would make it through the night but he suprised me and he is getting stronger every day. He is now 7 weeks old and the only safe place is the ceiling. I figured that having survived the possum attack the only name I could give him was Lucky. Adopting another cat wasn't in my plans but I just couldn't say no to this little fellow due to the circumstances. It is a lot of fun watching him play.

:D :) :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Scuba1

Re: Yesterdays Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Well you see, when one lives on a small boat, the camera is always close unless it falls over the side. Good on you for adopting the kitten. Velcro is doing just fine and he is still in bed right now for his "after beakfast nap" yesterday he went ashore for the first time in month but did not go more then 20 feet from the boat and gotback on board pretty sharpish once a crow landed close by.

Take care

Michael