Author Topic: RCR Super Lite  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Hyper

RCR Super Lite
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:09:35 AM »
I used to work for my neighbor building and repairing old Can-Am style Lolas.  Most MKII and MKIII's. It's a neat shop where I learned a lot of fab skills.  It's kind of low key and not run like a normal business.. That was great for the most part , but it allowed them to circumvent some things like the smoking laws here in Florida.  EVERYBODY smoked.  Anyway, we are still on good terms and I stop by whenever I see something poking out or if I need  a hand with a project.  I had been hearing something other than the usual window rattling big block noise so I had to go investigate.  This is what I found...

It's an RCR ( Race Car Replicas ) Super Lite.  The owner of RCR is friends with my neighbor and has been by often.  They helped him out last year by sorting out one of his Lola kits for a customer in Central FL who then bought this Super Lite. He asked them to assemble it and the fun began.  These guys usually only work on Lolas, so there was a learning curve but they do great work.  My buddy that runs the shop is one of the best fabricators and welders I've ever met.  Anyway, if you've never seen RCR's stuff, its' worth checking out....

The reason for the unusual rumble...

That's a new ZR1 LS9.  630 hp and it purrs like a kitten.  Going to be insane though as this car comes in around I believe 1800 pounds! Enjoy.
I'm not saying I'm Batman. I'm just saying we've never been seen in the same room before.

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: RCR Super Lite
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
It looks a lot like an Ulitma GTR. That's what I thought it was at first.

Insane billet suspension. Wish I had the tools to build big enough pieces like that.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.