Author Topic: Quickie true up  (Read 4678 times)

Offline mechman48

Quickie true up
« on: May 05, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
Hi all  :headbang:
Had a couple of hours spare yesterday so decided to 'potter' in the workshop; stuck a couple of storage trays up next to my lathe for round stock.. scrap guttering from double glazing firm skip, then wondered what else to potter with  :scratch:  then it hit me, I remember putting away the reclaimed bearing from my bandsaw repair & said to 'mesel' what was I going to do with that  :scratch: ; AHA! I sez' so I drilled & tapped a piece of 12mm sq. ally offcut for 8mm, machined a scrap 10mm bolt from the odds 'n' sods box  to be a press fit in to the bearing, pressed the bearing on & 'voila! a quick true up device. tested it on a small bolt held in the 3 jaw, worked a treat, did the same on a thin washer .. spot on..  :thumbup: now no need to set up a DTI for quickie jobs. I know a lot of you have done similar & it's not a new idea as there are many versions on this & other forums but it's another addition to my 'home made' tools that 'I made outa bits'. Thanks & credit to the originator, & others, for the idea.

George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline Meldonmech

Re: Quickie true up
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:37:55 AM »
Hi George,

That little item will save you lots of time setting up.

Cheers David