Author Topic: Up close  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Scuba1

Up close
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »
I was crawling around the pond here with the macro lens on the box brownie and came accross this little guy.

Offline z3t4

Re: Up close
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
Well-done! Lovely pic.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »
Michael

Did the little fellow not want to come out and play? I am always happy to see your posts that include a new found friend. You are building up quite the family.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
Tell me about it. I just found 2 chicks that fell out of a nest... well the nest fell off the building in the storm last night. So just came back from tractor supply with a bunch of dried meal worms and some more goodies for them from the bait shop.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
Tell me about it. I just found 2 chicks that fell out of a nest... well the nest fell off the building in the storm last night. So just came back from tractor supply with a bunch of dried meal worms and some more goodies for them from the bait shop.

More new friends! What flavor kind of a bird are they? I hope that Velcro will be friends with them and not look at them as lunch.  :lol: :lol:

It is so kind of you to do that for them as most some would have just kicked them aside and kept on walking. It gives you a good feeling knowing that you have helped a little creature that would have no chance at all on their own.

The first couple of days will be the worst, getting some food and liquid into them to keep building their strength. Once you have them eating then it's just keeping food available for them. Next you will have fun teaching them to fly.

Good luck Michael and keep us posted.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »
They are starlings out of all things but even so, I could not just let them die. I made up a paste of catfood, boiled egg and meal worms and they are feeding every 45 minutes and doing good so far. When I am busy, I leave them at the marina office and they get fed there. At night I put them in a seperate compartment of the boat with the door locked so that Velcro does not mistake them for dinner as you said. Busy times ahead I think.  :)

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
Found this yesterday.