Author Topic: Baby cupola  (Read 3931 times)

Offline ironman

Baby cupola
« on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
VTSTEAM   I had a look at my old photo collection and found some photos of my 4" cupola running. I hope you like them.

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Baby cupola
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:32:09 PM »
Wow, 4", no kidding. That's fantastic.

What was the size of a charge? And how many charges did you accumulate in the well?

So you had probably about 3-4 inches of refractory like I do now.

Great stuff!   :bow:  :beer:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »
Hi there, Ironman,

The pictures of your baby cupola were very interesting.

This is a bit  :offtopic: but they took me back to my mis-spent youth   :beer:

Your blower, in the background of a couple of the photos, looks like an old Hoover 'Constellation' vacuum cleaner.  Many years ago, one of my work colleagues threw a party at his house.  In the morning, his wife came down into the living room where I and several of the other guests, somewhat the worse for wear,  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer: , were still draped over the furniture.

Our hostess didn't say anything but made it apparent that she wasn't intending to serve breakfast and please would we all go home.  She did this by getting out her vacuum cleaner, a Hoover 'Constellation', and starting to vacuum the room, including emptying the ashtrays.  All went well until she applied the hose nozzle to one ashtray that happened to contain a still-smouldering cigarette butt.

The sound of the cleaner changed to a roar and I can still see in my mind's eye the Constellation issuing a pillar of flame from its underside, just like a space ship trying to take off!
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline Mayhem

• purveyor of mischief
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »
That is pretty cool. 

Offline micktoon

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
Mythbusters need to reenact that hoover incident  :lol: ............I remember one of them knocking about the house when I was a kid.................. if only I had known its potential then  :bugeye:

Cheers Mick