Author Topic: Need Setup Parameters for Heidenhain TNC150 on a Bridgeport Interact 1 MK 2  (Read 11560 times)

Offline shilpa

Hi,
Joining Madmodder is really worth and i thank all the existing members for there helpful replies to solve various problems with the machines and controls, coming to our issue
I am a mechanical engineer and joined a new company few weeks back, we have a exactly the same shown machine with tnc 150 control, this machine was working fine and due to sudden power cut while in operation it seems had a error display saying "DC voltage missing " some 10 days back, so some service engineer has been called to fix it but he accidently did something and all the parameters are missing now, so a new experienced service engineer has come down to look at the machine, but he needs the parameters and set up information for tnc 150, can anyone help us with them. Even if they are available against some kind of payment we are ready , please help us in getting back this machine to use.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:09:56 AM by shilpa »

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
Please find attached a file (export) containing the parameters from my old machine (Interact 1 Mk2) which had a TNC150 - hopefully this will get your machine up & running again!

Good luck!

I can't remember how to re-load them, but the Heidenhain manuals are readily available on the 'net, plus I think there's a description out there of how to do it for a similar control.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline shilpa

Sorry for the late reply and Thank you very Much Ade, will try to load them tomorrow and get back with out come. Thanks very much once again for the timely help

Regards

Shilpa

Offline Hazel

• -gasp- who let that woman near a milling machine?
I wonder if anyone has any A3 versions of the Interact1 Mk2 wiring looms? I am having to reverse engineer my copy as the wire numbers are not readable. Also If anyone needs an Interact 1 Mk1 maintenance manual, I found on in the drive cabinet of my Mk2 . Also, I do need a user manual, but I'd rather avoid the vendor on eBay as the maintenance manual was very poor quality.
-Hazel

Offline Jimster

Re: Need Setup Parameters for Heidenhain TNC150 on a Bridgeport Interact 1 MK 2
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Thanks for sharing these settings, I'm in the same boT with failed battery. Will these work with my earlier bridgeport mk1 series 1? Can you send these over serial or do I have to input them all manually?

Thanks
Jim

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »
Thanks for sharing these settings, I'm in the same boT with failed battery. Will these work with my earlier bridgeport mk1 series 1? Can you send these over serial or do I have to input them all manually?

Thanks
Jim

Jim,

Provided the settings don't overstretch your machine, I don't see why they wouldn't work. I think the main differences would be I guess you have a 1- or 2-speed motor with a varispeed head, where the S1 Mk2 had a variable speed spindle motor & fixed drive. If yours is a stepper-motor machine, then there may well be differences there too (mine has servomotors + encoders).

Interact 1 Mk2's do seem to appear on eBay quite frequently, and usually sell for between 1600-2500 depending on condition, location & how much competition there is for it. I lucked into my current machine for a bargain price, as the auction finished at 2am on a Tuesday - I was obviously the only person to wait up for it...

Beware anything for sale by "equipment_co" of Birmingham (aka Bilal - he has a few other eBay accounts too) - my first Interact came from him & had been stored outdoors & uncovered for some weeks before I got hold of it... it was amazing any of it worked at all... he'd got other machinery scattered around the same yard, all uncovered...
Cheers!
Ade.
--

Offline philf

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »
........... as the auction finished at 2am on a Tuesday - I was obviously the only person to wait up for it...

Ade,

Why UK sellers selling to UK customers ever have auctions finishing in the early hours I don't know.

Have you not heard of BidNip? For those who don't know, it's a sniping service where they will enter your bid for you at the last second (I think you can set a maximum of 30 seconds before the finish time.)

BidNip isn't infallible however - the last time I left a bid on something (when we were going out and otherwise I wouldn't have been able to bid) BidNip had a major server problem, the bid was never entered and the item went for peanuts. But that's only happened once.

Using a sniping service is also less stressful - I find my heart rate goes faster and faster as the time to press the "Confirm" button approaches - in my case with 6 seconds to go.

:beer:

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:39:43 AM »
Yes I've taken to use Auctionsniper for most of my bids - takes the stress away, stops you getting over enthusiastic, and saves those late night sessions if seller has set end point at antisocial time. Also stops me forgetting to bid!
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
I've used bidsnipers, yes. Only once, though, when I was living out in Spain. With a thunderstorm on the way that was guaranteed to wipe out my internet connection, and an item I absolutely wanted to win... so I registered with one of them (can't remember which now). Won the item, which was nice, but within days my eBay account had been hacked & was being used to sell non-existant (obviously) video box sets.  I got lucky, someone asked a question before any of the items finished, so I could fix the problem.

Since then, I've decided I simply don't trust any 3rd party sniper tools. And besides, I _like_ the frisson of fear you get sticking a last second bid on... I've lost a few items along the way due to mis-timed clicks, the infuriating "You need to log in" message you sometimes see instead of "your bid has been accepted"... but, that's life.

Mostly, if an item ends between 2am & 7am, I just thow my maximum bid on it, and see what happens.
Cheers!
Ade.
--

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 01:49:51 PM »
I only bid on stuff that Mawsons bidding on just to jack the price up.

:poke:
John Stevenson

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
.... and you all think he's joking ...  :lol: :lol:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex