The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Versatool Cabinets

(1/14) > >>

awemawson:
I acquired these two Versatool cabinets a year or so ago, and now I am tooling up for my big CNC Lathe the time has come to put them into service. They are rather tatty, dented and rusty. The intention is to clean them up, knock the bigger dents out, then re-spray them.

awemawson:
First I stripped out all the nice rotating shelves, drawers etc and went at them with a few gentle taps from a hammer

awemawson:
Checking the paint department, I had enough primer, and enough 'Iron Grey' top coat left over from spraying my 60 ton garage press when I re-built that, but I lacked the KPT04 thinners and only had one 'strip and clean' disk left. Suitable orders placed on eBay and I'll just have to be patient and wait for them to arrive.

If the weather holds I'm tempted to sand blast the cabinets - my 'portable' sand blaster is a Hodge Clemco biggy of the sort they use for motorway bridges and is a bit of a pain to pull out from where I store it - however a friend wants to blast some sandstone in his cottage wall so maybe we can kill two birds with one stone!

awemawson:
So of course I got impatient and dragged out the sand blaster anyway! This was 'a good thing' as it forced me to re-arrange the room I had it stored in, and tidy away some crates of machine spares into my container.

Anyway, have a sand blaster and the compressor that I use with it:

awemawson:
After using two bags of this grit - that's of the order of 60 kgs as the bags are approx 30 kg a piece for some reason:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version