Author Topic: digital angle finder  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Bourne Bill

digital angle finder
« on: March 12, 2009, 06:47:56 AM »
does anyone have any input on a digital angle finder? Enco has one on sale, made by Fowler
Life is short, eat dessert first...........

bogstandard

Re: digital angle finder
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 11:49:11 PM »
Hi Bill,

Look like no-one has one or used one.

But looking around other sites, they seem to be reasonably popular for such a low priced item.

The older hands usually have all the stuff to give themselves or check the angles, so another bit of kit is not usually required. Hence maybe the lack of purchasing.

I know our John S has something similar for his hand held electricalonic wotsit, and he reckons it is rather accurate.

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=638.msg3223#msg3223

If you haven't already got angle equipment, it could be a good investment.
Then you could show us all why we should get one.

John
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:56:20 PM by bogstandard »

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:11:24 AM »
I've got one and it's proven handy a few times, but I still find myself using angle blocks for most setting up on the mill. It does work well for the odd ball angles like 12° offsets used for making the diamond tool holder.  It also worked well sitting atop the column of my X2 mill to show when it had been knocked off true vertical. Not essential but a nice little tool when the need arises.

Steve

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »
I know someone in our club that bought one specifically to mill the angled faces for the valves on a twin cylinder aero engine he's building. He said it worked well and he'll no doubt find loads of other uses for it too.