Author Topic: Tiger In The Garden  (Read 6493 times)

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
Tiger In The Garden
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
Not exactly sure how i came to find this site it was a link from a link etc, but its well worth a look. Sure he qualifies as a MadModder.
follow the link http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_files/90-john/john-01.htm
John

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Tiger In The Garden
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »
 :bugeye: :bugeye: Mad as a hatter  :bugeye: :bugeye:

And I thought I was crazy with big toys

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
John

It certainly is amazing what a link from a link from a link can get you sometimes. He certainly does have a passion for Panzer tanks. He would definitely qualify as a MadModder. Thanks for giving us that link.  :D :D

Cheers   :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline S. Heslop

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »
That's pretty crazy. I appreciate his attention to detail. Kinda reminds me of this fella on youtube who makes driveable scaled tanks. His gearboxes are pretty impressive considering he makes them (cogs n all) without a lathe or a milling machine.

Come to think of it, trying to make a (much smaller!) RC tank was what got me seriously started on the whole hobby engineering thing. I found out about what lathes are for on reading how to rebore bought pulleys, and googling around led to great websites like this one. Previously i'd been sort of frustrated and disappointed by all the popular (and crap) 'make/ hacker/ whatever' things that are all over the internet, where nobody really says how they made a thing, and as a result most my projects reached dead ends that I chalked up to not being clever enough. Including that RC tank. I've got the hull taking up space somewhere in my garage. Maybe i'll get back round to it some day.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »
Now that I can relate to - you can use it rather than just stand back and admire it! Mind you he has rather a bounce on his barrel - I reckon his grouping will be all over the place!

What a superb toy to take down the high street  :jaw:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
Now that I can relate to - you can use it rather than just stand back and admire it! Mind you he has rather a bounce on his barrel - I reckon his grouping will be all over the place!

Andrew

Maybe in that case just stand still and let him shoot all around you.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a superb toy to take down the high street  :jaw:

It certainly would be an attention getter.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline micktoon

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
 Totally impressed , mad as a modder, but impressive, I bet he has trouble expaining why he built it to ladies though lol..................... if it was not for blokes like this the world would be a more boring place ................. amazing attention to detail I take my hat off to him. Well done that man.

Cheers Mick.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »

WOW

What a Gob Smacking Project !
                                                                               I wish him the best of luck          Cheers David