Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 4025 times)

bogstandard

Taxes
« on: March 12, 2009, 02:33:07 PM »
I have just been watching the national news, and the government is considering taxing chocolate.

It is all to do with obesity and how much it costs the country in health costs.

Pretty soon we will all have meters stuck up our noses and a**ses just so they can tax us on what goes in and what comes out.

Also they will have postboxes on graves so they can send tax bills to the deceased, for the space they take up in the ground.

Bogs

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »
Well John at least you still have some Doctors that have voted it down twice according to the talking headed bimbo's on the news channel.

It's sort of like the new rallying cry they are screaming here about somebody going bankrupt every 30 seconds of everyday of the week.Due to medical bills because some body with the whitehouse said it. On Tuesday they asked the whitehouse head of some department that was talking on camera about it. They then started the double talk well it wasn't meant to be taken at the meaning of the words. Sort of like depends on what the meaning of is is!  :lol: :lol: :lol: Now our governor and the local news teams are all spouting it like it is the holy grail of truths.

No where can anybody find where or what study it came from. But then it all depends on what the meaning of is is!

They want to tax fat or foods that have fat in them. You would be charged a surcharge on the fat content in the food. One of the geniuses that they elected. Said it would force everybody that couldn't afford it to eat correctly. Of course he was a physically fat politico. Go figure with the tax payers picking up his meals he wasn't worried ! :doh:
glen
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »
The best part about taxing the fat foods.....

What is the cheap food here in the US??  The Poorly made Fatty stuff that isnt good for you.

What is the more expensive food?? The healthy choices. All the non-processed food, is more expensive. It makes no sense.

If you want to go buy a bunch of fresh produce to make a meal, you will spend a TON more.  MAKE some spaghetti sauce.. or Buy a Jar. Making it will cost you 30 dollars. Buying a jar.. 3.

Its really sad honestly.

Soda VS bottled water is the best... You can buy Soda a LOT cheaper than bottled water.. (And the whole bottled water thing makes me crazy too.. we have REALLY good tap water here)

So tell this to someone who is not well educated, is a dropout, or lives in a really bad/poor neighborhood.  "Buy the fixings to make the same meal, and spend 4 hours preparing that meal, that costs 10 times more than normal. Or.. boil some water, and open a jar.. 10 minutes total. OR.. microwave a can of spaghetti for 1 minute"

Most times they will simply microwave the 99 cent jar of spags.

And get fat.   :(
SPiN Racing

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »
I think the fatty food is not so bad if you dont eat more than you need.  Fat is high density fuel.
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline foozer

• Camano Island WA
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
I have just been watching the national news, and the government is considering taxing chocolate.

It is all to do with obesity and how much it costs the country in health costs.

Pretty soon we will all have meters stuck up our noses and a**ses just so they can tax us on what goes in and what comes out.

Also they will have postboxes on graves so they can send tax bills to the deceased, for the space they take up in the ground.

Bogs

Tea and Chocolate, let the party begin . . .
Ignorance is Bliss, thus I aim for Perfection

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »
I think I'll dodge this discussion. It looks a lot like a minefield of politics just waiting for the wrong step.

Steve

bogstandard

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
Steve,

I think I will as well.

I started it off to get a bit of light humour going, but it has backfired into a political type. :hammer:

Light the fuse and run Bogs :lol:

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 06:10:17 AM »
 :lol: Nope the politico's did that with all the stimulus packages, they are pushing. As the only thing it stimulated was the taxpayers thinking, and that is the last thing that they want  :doh:  :) :)
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen