Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

A boring table for a Craftsman 12" lathe

(1/16) > >>

vtsteam:
I really could use a boring table for my lathe, so today I made a pattern to cast in iron. It will replace the present cross slide for boring. Maybe also for turning if I make it similar to the Myford style slide.

The size of the pattern is 8" x 4" and is about as large as I can comfortably cast with my present crucible -- with a little leeway. I put a relief down the center so I don't have to cut as much material away for the dovetail slide. I considered also casting in some recess for T-slots but decided not to.

mattinker:
Nice to see the follow up starting!

Regards, Matthew

ieezitin:
V----

I have the 12" craftsmen commercial 70ies model. I am curious of the fixture you have on your Atlas lathe to receive this boring plate fixture. I have wanted to add one to my own unit. Please while you document this build give some nice shots of the saddle.

My biggest gripe i have with American style lathes is they have no slotted beds on the saddle. I also have a Logan 820, it too has no standard fixture for a boring table.

This feature makes the lathe from the factory so much more versatile.

Will be keeping a keen eye on the thread.

Thank you.

Anthony....

vtsteam:
Thank you Mattinker!  :beer:

Here you are ieezitin:

ieezitin:
Thanks for the photo...... i assumed you already had some sort of fixture already.

Are you just going to dove tail the new table and lock it in place or are you going to connect it to the cross-slide screw?

Anthony..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version