Author Topic: How do i put a value on my mill.  (Read 4090 times)

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
How do i put a value on my mill.
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »
Im considering selling my Aciera F3 mill and buy a larger unit. That can handle engine heads. Its not that i dont like my Aciera, just not that i cant fit 2 mills.

So its an Aciera F3 - 60s model
Got a slotting head, horizontal support, turntable, a 22mm horizontal arbor and the vertical arbor. Even got the Cover plate for it when its not used as a vertical mill or using the horizontal support.
I mounted 3 axis digitals on it last year and fixed a coolant pump onto the unit. Oh and the table is the 2 axis tilt version.

So what should the asking price circulate around? I have no idea what ta ask. I restored the machine and bought it dirt cheap. (like 1500 euro and spent around 2000 additional euro's on it for restoration. About 200 hours in restoring it.)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline Arbalist

Re: How do i put a value on my mill.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 02:34:11 AM »
Without some really good pictures it's difficult to say. Perhaps the owner of Lathes.co.uk could give you some ideas? Good luck with the sale though, looks like someone's going to be getting a nice machine!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:50:00 AM »
Also I suggest it very much depends on the local demand in Sweden, as moving machines from country to country is an expensive activity.

It's value (for instance) in the UK may bear no resemblence to it's value in Sweden
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:59:48 AM »
Should prob. paint strip it and repaint the whole thing as well. It seems to be what they are looking at.. the stack of receipts for new bearings, and stuff didnt matter (been calling around to different sellers of machines)
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:22 AM »
Uuh. Pity that I don't live nearby. That is pretty much the right size I want even though it has it's share of nonstandard features.

Personally I would rather buy well kept and old machine with chipped paint and few missing parts than freshly painted good looking one that has been restored. Nothing puts me off more than a new paint.

The fact is that the bigger the machine is the harder it is to sell. State dimensions and weight on advertisement.

My friend sold one bigger machine (Pedersen VPU1) with a lot of quality extras, like differential rotab, slotter two way universal head, all axis had machine feeds and such. It was very little used ex. university and fetched 2500 EUR.

Machine dealers probably want you to pay for them to take it. I'd say that advertize it on some local hobby boards and wait until someone who needs it comes by.

Pekka

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:36 AM »
I know what you mean about fresh paint. I've seen a few machines with new paint that just didn't look good. One or two others though looked really nice. I'm not sure why this is but expect the good ones were carefull primed and filled where needed then received a couple of coats of some good paint. It really helps if you use as close to the original colour as well.