Author Topic: Last night's storm  (Read 8323 times)

Offline chipenter

Last night's storm
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:23:51 AM »
I looked out this mornig to see the centre cection of the roof felt was next door , water dripping from the lights and the floor wet but the sides with my machines were al O K , anybody else suffered ?
Jeff

Offline Pete W.

Re: Last night's storm
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:46:28 AM »
Hi there, Jeff,

Commiserations, I've been there, not this blow but a couple of months ago.   :(   :(   :(   :(   :(   :( 

If you look on my thread in the 'Our Shop' area, Andrew gave lots of useful tips on drying things up.

While the water's dripping from the lights, be careful to avoid  :zap:   :zap:   :zap: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline Pete.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:56 AM »
Lost a patch of felt off the garden shed but everything else is ok and I still have all my fence panels, unlike next door. There's a tree down further up my road, right across a car and one down in the next village too.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
Hi Jeff
             Tough luck, could have been worse though, some guys have lost a whole roof.  Expect you will be visiting B&Q today.

Cheers David

Offline chipenter

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 05:33:37 AM »
Just got back from Wicks the place was heaving lots of fence pannels and posts going out , got my felt and adnesive got to go on dry LOL it's chucking it down at the moment .
Jeff

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
Well our power went off just after midnight, and came back just after 10 am this morning. Major amounts of rain, and our fields are pretty well flooded, with all the sheep huddled at one end where it is marginally higher. River Brede is still flowing over it's banks, through the next farms field and then onwards through our orchard. Not too much damage as far as I can tell. Several fencing panels now horizontal in the vegetable plot. Our private sewage system of course wasn't running for ten hours so wasn't pumping. When the power came back it's level  alarm was honking and the pump tripped out it's rcd  :bang:  Got it sorted now - just as well as we have visitors in the cottages over Christmas, and our family en masse - too many to cross you legs for long  :lol:

Hope everyone else is ok

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline chipenter

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »
The river Stoure is also over it's banks I would not want to play Rugby at the Ashford ground under 6 inches of water opposite the sewage works , got the shed covered and the lights working now have some serius humidity in there oiled evreything up time will tell , :coffee:time for a cuppa .
Jeff