Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 2633 times)

Offline daz

Re-introduction
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »
Hey guys, been a while since I was last in here :-(
As usual family life takes over everything, then work. And before you know it you have no time left except for sleeping and eating. Despite my lack of time for forums I have continued my machining journey and have been constantly learning over the last while. I have a new lathe arriving over the next couple of days and the Eagle 30 mill is still going strong, the indexing head from from Rob has found so many uses it has probably become one of my most used tools. Along with the indexer the new grinding wheels and some info, hints and tips from Fergus have me grinding most of my own tooling. I have also got a little side business making some custom parts which help pay for the tooling and materials for my own projects, it will never pay the bills but it is fun and I learn something new, figuring out how to do things and when.

Will most likely be pretty silent over the next wee while, need to catch up on all the posts I have missed. Got loads of bodges, projects and machine salvage to read over! Once I have that done I may start posting some of my own drivel.

Cheers

Daz
I'm not a complete idiot, some bits are missing!

Offline krv3000

Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:53:09 AM »
Hi ya Daz

Welcome 'back' to the collective :borg:

Glad you found your way back

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »
Hi there Daz   ,   were you bin ?

Rob  :beer:

Offline daz

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
hope you got that lathe going Rob! The wee dividing head or whatever it is called is my most used piece of kit now, fantastic wee thing! It's first job was to make it's own chuck key! Just need to get some more plates for it now, there is a small shop not too far from me that has promised to look out their old ones :D  as well as an old lathe, the way they describe it, it is an ml7 :-) I have been told it is mine if I want to pick it up. We shall wait and see if it materialises, fingers crossed!
I'm not a complete idiot, some bits are missing!