Author Topic: Red Baron Windmil Prototype ..  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Feliks

• www.new4stroke.com
Red Baron Windmil Prototype ..
« on: September 23, 2013, 12:45:59 PM »
 :coffee: :coffee:
Here, the first success - Ideal working prototype Windmill Red Baron .. Because at the age of 14 years well done flying models, these skills are to this day. Despite the efforts of various forces that my budget was very limited, I made a perfectly working prototype of the "windmill" but it declared its materials $ 20, for up to a budget can now have the .. Balsa, Japanese paper, Cellon paint, some tape and heat shrink ...
But I built a perfectly working prototp, that shows that, however, so you can produce energy according to my idea .. ...

Research carried out in a moving car mate, with bowed glass in the door .... excellent wind tunnel... :rolleyes:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Andrew :coffee: :coffee:

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: Red Baron Windmil Prototype ..
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:54 PM »
Well it's always good to test out your ideas in the real world, and i applaud that.  :dremel: :clap:

My question is, from a practical standpoint, what is gained here? In effect you have a deflector. True it is built and shaped like a model airplane wing, but is that any advantage? Or any different.

Deflectors can change the direction of wind, increase or decrease the velocity and pressure, but that's it. Usually you trade one for the other, meanwhile adding losses for friction.

A venturi is a deflector, as are many other shapes, some with foils similar to the wing you have tried.

One test you might try is measuring the output at a particular speed, and comparing that output with your fan alone facing the direction the car is moving in. Then try a funnel shape in the same direction. Try petal shapes, etc. All are deflectors.

Again, I thank you for showing us what you've built. That's the important part -- making things and trying them.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg