Author Topic: a brush to fare  (Read 4642 times)

Offline krv3000

a brush to fare
« on: September 26, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »
hi all did not start this job as a project so i did not tack a lot of pics when i got me lathe it needed a repaint and all i had was blue pic 1 well i decided to pant it back to its a original culer witch is a Orange yellow see pic 3 of wat me lathe shod look like any way the blue reacted with the yellow pant that i was gowning to pant it with not a big problem as i only tried a bit on the tale stock so i had a go with the gray that i panted me grinder with this to lifted the blue :yikes::yikes: that's when the fun started i striped the lathe right back but left the head on then with sum pant thinners removed all the pant on the lathe SOS no pics of that bit i then got sum zinc filer primer and after masking off the bead and head stock repainted the base and the rest of the lathe this pant had to be left for 8 hawers  before panting on the top i left it for a full day then hand panted it gray and did the tale post and the crosslide and compound slide in red i had just finish putting it back together when a Friend pop ed in can i turn a Peace of ally for him well pic speak for them selves  right pics 

Offline micktoon

Re: a brush to fare
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »
By god I am glad you did not stick with that Yellow / orange vomit colour Bob  :palm: The final colours look the best I think and after seeing the lathe in person the other night I dont think the photos do it justice really as it looked even better in the flesh.
  Good move shifting the sign too Bob as you will look bad if something hits you without a guard with the sign  that big directly above the lathe  :lol:

Cheers Mick

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
I had a look at the lathe last nite
 The pictures don't do Bobs work justice
 It looked like a new one but a "proper colour"
 Bob also gave me the little diesel engine he restored
 My Dad is a collector of such things
 Bob you made a old man very happy
 John

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:26 PM »
Looks great Bob, and particularly with fresh aluminum swarf on it, too!  :thumbup: :clap:
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg