Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

New Curtains and Windows

(1/5) > >>

awemawson:
No - not for the house, but for my Beaver Partsmaster. I got fed up with coolant escaping from the pvc strip curtains on the end of my CNC mill, and looking at the strips it turned out that there was no overlap. So they didn't always fall evenly and let coolant through the gaps and onto the floor.

eBay provided me with a roll of the proper stuff and I set to. Turns out the ones I took off were cut from a single sheet hence no overlap!

awemawson:
The difference in light level inside was amazing and it got me looking at the windows to the front. I'm not sure if they had just yellowed with age or if they were originally bronze, but they were all sorts of hues and rather manky. I ordered up some cut to size 4 mm polycarbonate (good old ebay!) which has been hanging about for a week or so awaiting 'the right time'

Well that time came today. I had set the Traub CNC lathe doing a 'soak test' to see if I'd cured an intermittent axis drive fault so had to babysit it, which let me drill and fit the polycarbonate. What a difference  :clap:

Leblondmakino:
Looks great!

Here is my machine during commissioning. Slightly different guards and no curtains..plus the table is shorter..

John

vtsteam:
Looks new, Andrew!  :thumbup:

dsquire:
Andrew

Your curtains are cleaner than my windows. I'm going to have to talk to the Maid about that.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version