Author Topic: Warco VMC mill  (Read 27215 times)

Offline svk

Re: Warco VMC mill
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »
The machine arrived today. Have just got it dismantled and brought in to the basement shop. So far so good, a little bit of deburring and cleaning tomorrow :D

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »
Damn you already got snow...

That looks really well packed actually. Not like my shitty optimum deliveries.
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline svk

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 01:20:25 AM »
The machine is up and running now. :clap:

Ok lets start on the bottom, the base is fine and sturdy and have lots of room for storage. The z- axis nut is a little bit rough, its made of cast iron.
The column is nice with ground z ways, no binding on the ways. The z-axis gear mesh need some tweaking, maybe some shimming to get them dead smooth. The knee and z- axis lever casting was full of casting sand and the bearings where shite. They are replaced with SKF now.

Y- axis, no binding on the ways but the lead screw nut is a little rough. Also here the roller bearing was replaced, the thrust bearing was fine btw.
X-axis, both bearing was replaced as the chicom ones was  :hammer:

The spindle was funny, there was three kinds of grease in it, one white waxy one in the lower part, a brownish smelly one on top and a blue very sticky one on the shaft. All cleaned and regreased with SKF bearing grease. The bearing by the way was smooth and tight :D

Electric motor, noisy bastard! But the plan was to fit a 3- phase quality motor anyway.
The mods I will do on the mill are, DRO for the 3 axis. A readout on the quill. The z- axis nut will be new as I have to make a longer shaft since I will make a riser block.
All in all I am happy with purchase, I have some experience with chinese machines and expected to find crud and bad workmanship on the parts. But if you take your time and tune and deburr and maybe change bearings, bolts and nuts you will get a nice miller :D

I guess you cant demand any better for the price.

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2013, 04:04:17 AM »
Sounds like you have it well sorted
The riser block makes a big difference
John

Offline kayz1

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
Sounds abit like my Chester machine, i have just SKF'ed mine and i have to look to see if it's running now ( well! almost ) the motor is the noisy bit now but i can live with that.
Lyn.

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »
Perhaps I should do the bearings on my Warco, can you remember what size they are?

Offline svk

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:52 AM »
On my lead screws the bearings are 6004 2rs, 20X42X12 mm. But some dont match the numbers in the manual so take your handles off and you will see a number on them, they might be different as the far eastern guys just put in what they have in house :D

Offline kayz1

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »
On my lead screws the bearings are 6004 2rs, 20X42X12 mm. But some dont match the numbers in the manual so take your handles off and you will see a number on them, they might be different as the far eastern guys just put in what they have in house :D

I will check in the morning for you, i did order my bearings from the chester service book ( joke ) that came with the machine, all apart from the jockey wheel pivot which i remade as the pivot had been bored off centre and off kilter also. I just rebored the next bearing size up and made a new shaft while i was in the mood. Just looked in the service ( joke ) book.. 7207= 35x72x17.  6007zz= 35x62x14. 6206z=30x62x16. 6009z= 45x75x16  two of. all for the quill.  handles..6004z. 20x42x12  8 of if doing all handle bearings. sizes from Simply bearings.co.uk.
Lyn.

Offline svk

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »
I used your description on reboring the jockey and fitted new bigger bearings. Now its straight! Maybe turn a new bolt for the jockey one day as it is not quite straight, the threads in the casing line up but the threads on the bottom part of the bolt is not, well its an easy fix..

Now, back to the riser block work

Offline Seaco

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »
Fitted my DRO a couple of weeks ago it's a Sinpo very pleased with it!... :clap:

Scale Sizes:
X= 600mm
Y= 250mm
Z= 400mm

Lee

Offline Jonny

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 08:05:13 PM »
Respectable job that Lee far better than some pros have done for fair demos.

Is the stop/start switch staying there?