Author Topic: Ventuuri effect "pistol".  (Read 6340 times)

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
Ventuuri effect "pistol".
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:14:36 AM »
So i found this.

Which is basicly a ventuuri "handgun".. that is supposed to dry pain on walls or something, utilising pressurized air to create the effect.... I figure this should make a neat addition to the air intake for a gasforge or wasteoil burner.. Instead of a fan that is.
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Ventuuri effect "pistol".
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »
There are industrial vacuum cleaners for wet areas that use that principle to avoid having electricity in the vicinity.

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »
Should work fine instead of a fan.

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 05:54:59 PM »
Should work fine instead of a fan.

Do you mean like to move hot air from the roof-space of a workshop down to the occupant's level?   :bugeye:   :bugeye:   :bugeye: 

Do you think, patent-wise, this is a distant cousin of the Dyson fan, the one with the hole in the middle?   :thumbup:   :thumbup:   :thumbup: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 03:15:52 AM »
I suspect that they use quite a bit of compressed air to be effective  :(

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 03:57:45 AM »
We use them in industrial scale. They were around way before this Dyson character.

They are called air movers, we use much Brauer.
http://www.brauer.co.uk/standard-fixed-gap-s386.aspx

I hate the touch.pad. Just deleted a long story.....

They are pretty handy if you require a small lightweight unit that you put next to use point. They need careful design and dimensioning. Poor economics on continuous use. You need to consider pressure ratio, but if you need hits the curve they work.

They are great if you need small scale underpressure or you have allready a good compressed air system and you need intermitently some means of moving air (under pressure).

Just one thing. They are very particular about the "cap" they look very simple and there might be a urge to see what it ate.

PekkaNF

Offline BenH

• My photos
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 07:51:16 AM »
I've used a little Devilbiss one like that for the odd drying of waterbased automotive paint, the certainly shift some air in use. But they do need a fair few cfm to operate effectively, a small boiler fan would be cheaper to run than a big compressor by far.

But that would be a interesting project none the less.