Author Topic: Hi from South Carolina  (Read 2965 times)

Offline eightball

Hi from South Carolina
« on: December 13, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »
Hello eveyone,  Most all my friends call me eightball. My name is Marty. I've been a machinist in a papermill for 28 years.
all manual eguipment. I know absolutly nothing about cnc. I worked in the machine shop for 4 years, Then i ground rolls for ten years. Been back in the machine shop for the last 14 years. We make one off replacement parts using whatever equipmennt is nessesary. WE have some really big equipment but also some smaller stuff in the shop. I was watching a doubleboost video and he mentioned the site, Thought id give it a try

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
Re: Hi from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
Hi Marty!  :wave:

Welcome to the Collective.  :borg:

With your background and experience, we should get along very nicely.  :thumbup:

Join in, whenever you can. Enjoy!  :D

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
Hi Marty

Welcome to MadModder, looks like you have some very special experience you could impart. Look forward to your posts, do you have a home workshop?

Cheers David

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:14:14 PM »
hi and welcume

Offline eightball

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
actually not at the present time. Not a machine shop. I have a bike and auto repair shop basically. Couple of welders and too many hand tools to mention. However i have been battling cancer since july. They operated on me nov 20 and im proud to say im cancer free. I have a meeting on jan15 at work. Doctor has released me and sighned off on me going back. However i had to have a  colostimy so im not absolutely sure their gonna let me return. I have been there for 29 years as of feb of next year.If i do not return to work, I will be putting in a small machine shop at my home. Reguardless of what they do i'll probably put in a at least a lathe, mill ,and a couple of grinders.

Offline AussieJimG

• In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
Welcome Marty

Jim