Author Topic: CNC pc red light and won't turn on!  (Read 12346 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: CNC pc red light and won't turn on!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 08:01:47 AM »
I used to buy and sell computer peripherals as a side line. Many came out of stockbrokers offices in the City of London in the days when smoking was prevalent. Blowing out with an airline was the only way to reduce the disgusting smell of stale tobacco, and did wonders for reliability allowing components to dissipate as they were intended to.

Andrew
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
Really pleased to hear all is not lost!

My first rule of computer repair is to take the HDD out and try that with another motherboard.
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
Just as a random comment slightly back on topic, I replaced all settings from the profile and all looked fine. Jogging no problem. However, when I tried to run a g-code, all motors stalled, missed steps and generally died! I couldn't get my head around it. I googled and found a similar issue on cnczone. Apparent!y it can happen when the mobo has in built graphics. Going into diagnostic and turning the path display off cured all issues! I'd like to work around it and have it sorted but at least I'm back up and running.

Chris

Offline philf

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
Just as a random comment slightly back on topic, I replaced all settings from the profile and all looked fine. Jogging no problem. However, when I tried to run a g-code, all motors stalled, missed steps and generally died! I couldn't get my head around it. I googled and found a similar issue on cnczone. Apparent!y it can happen when the mobo has in built graphics. Going into diagnostic and turning the path display off cured all issues! I'd like to work around it and have it sorted but at least I'm back up and running.
Chris
Chris,

According to Machsupport the requirement for the graphics card is: Non-integrated video card with 32MB RAM. (Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB Ram or higher).

I run a 32MB card.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
Cheers Phil, I may be able to salvage the old one out of the blown PC.