Author Topic: At the auctions again  (Read 15944 times)

Offline ozzie46

Re: At the auctions again
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 07:39:23 PM »

Darren here is a tap drill chart showing the info.

Sorry I didn't post it sooner. :doh: My only defense is advanced age and mediocre thinking ability. :D

Ron

bogstandard

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »
Hi Ron,

Nice chart, maybe you could put it into the downloads section so it won't go out of date with this post. Then it is there for everyone to find.

John

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »
Thanks for the Chart Ron

I've been scratching my head over the thread sizes on the drawing for the elbow engine  :scratch: I've just ended up using the metric size I've thought best, now I've got a way for a direct conversion

Thanks

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

bogstandard

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 03:06:36 AM »
Stew,

There are charts for all sorts of things that I have put in the downloads section.

John

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 04:16:27 AM »

Darren here is a tap drill chart showing the info.

Sorry I didn't post it sooner. :doh: My only defense is advanced age and mediocre thinking ability. :D

Ron

Thanks Ron,

Maybe I'm just a bit slow, but that doesn't help at all, even the drill sizes don't make any sense to me  :doh:
You Americans  :lol:

Come to think of it we have something similar with screws, wood screws I mean. No 6 & 8 being the ones I use mostly when building.

No6 screw uses a No6 Rawlplug which needs a No6 drill bit, No8 follows a similar pattern as do the other No's I guess.
Nice and simple for the builders of this land  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:
Never seen the system used for bolts though.

At first I though Ah, same system you are trying to describe to me, but having seen the chart you posted it seems that is not the case.

You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 04:17:30 AM »
Darren,

I have now found them. You need to download the latest Chester catalogue (well worth it just for the drool factor).

http://www.chesteruk.net/images/catalogue_pages/Chester%20Machine%20Tools%204th%20Edition%20Small%20Tools%20Catalogue.pdf

Save the catalogue to your computer, and the bits are on page 81.

John

Thanks John, I'll have a good look at that... :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

bogstandard

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
Darren,

I might be the same sort of system as we use for B.A. threads, no corelation between the numbers used, other than the larger the B.A. number, the smaller the thread.

John

Offline ozzie46

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »

John, Darren

On these, the large the # the larger the dia.  Thus 2-56 is quite small and 12-32 is close to 3/16.

Ron