Author Topic: D.T.I repar  (Read 10209 times)

Offline krv3000

D.T.I repar
« on: October 20, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »
hi all I received a parcel today from Rick O Shea containing three D.T.I.s for repair so I fixt two of them up nothing major wrong with them just needed a clean up   right pics

Offline Pete W.

Re: D.T.I repar
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 04:42:52 AM »
That's a nice job, Bob, well done.

I still haven't found out how to get into my long travel clock to fix the rotating dial (that doesn't!!) 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline krv3000

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »
hi pete if you is prepared to pay for the post I will av a look at it for you

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
hi Pete any joy in getting in to the movement can you post sum pics may be able to point you in the right direction   

Offline krv3000

Re: D.T.I repair
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »
 hi all I got sent two dti's ether for scrap or repair off spurry  ie pete  he thort they where beyond repair well apart from the dile on the join bull witch was my mistake Bothe are working fine right picks     

Offline krv3000

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
and the pics of the other one sos got cared a way so not many of this one 

Offline mechman48

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
Hi krv3000

Nice work on the DTI's. I assume that you are the guy John... 'Doubleboost' refers to when he says he's had dti's repaired. I have an old Starret tool post mic  that I've had for 40+ yrs; it still works but is in need of some TLC, the plunger return doesn't return to the same position all the time, there is a discrepancy of approx' .020", & the plastic face / cover needs cleaning / new one. Could you possibly look at it for me? I will cover postage costs & costs for your time or donation to a charity of your choice in lieu. Appreciate PM with your details.

TIA
George.
George.

Always look on the bright side of life, & remember.. KISS..' Keep It Simple Stupid'

Offline krv3000

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
hi George not a problem I have sent you my details sos for the delay but the wife is in hospital 

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »
Hi there, all,

This morning I received back from Bob my long-throw Metric dial gauge.  Bob has sorted out a fault - the dial wouldn't follow when the bezel was turned.  I couldn't discover how to gain access to the 'innards'!  Bob has also fitted a new crystal and generally given the gauge a shine & polish.

All the arrangements were made via private messages but I'm so very pleased and grateful that my thanks have to be expressed on the open forum.

So, thank you very much, Bob, I'm very grateful for your coming to my aid and I much admire your skill.   :thumbup:   :thumbup:   :thumbup: 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline mexican jon

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 06:21:54 AM »
 :worthless:
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »
hi pete w not a problem glad you are happy with the result to the forum sos did not do any pics as my wife has problems she is going blind and she ended up in hospital be cos of the condition so did not have time to take any  :bow:

Offline mexican jon

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »
hi pete w not a problem glad you are happy with the result to the forum sos did not do any pics as my wife has problems she is going blind and she ended up in hospital be cos of the condition so did not have time to take any  :bow:

I actually was hoping that Pete had before and after pictures  :doh:
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 04:00:09 AM »
Bob,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's problem.

Jon,

The difference between 'before' and 'after' would only show in a couple of videos (which I don't have facilities to make).  In still photos, the 'before' and 'after' look exactly the same.  However, the gauge is now very much more usable. 
Best regards,

Pete W.