Author Topic: Your knurling is not looking good ?  (Read 10443 times)

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
Your knurling is not looking good ?
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:07:40 AM »
I've made a program that can do all these calculation and choose the closest diameter smaller and greather than the wanted that's "fitting" the knurling wheel !

The program markes the CLOSEST diameter blinking - some people say "Just take the smaller diameter !" - but you are free to choose - I just programmed it this way !

The program is FREE and can be downloaded from my web site ...

BUT ...

1) Your security system must allow you to install programs (EXE/MSI-files)
2) You must have Micorsoft .NET FRAMEWORK installed (download free from Microsoft)
3) Notice where you install it on your machine - you must start it from there OR make a shortcut yourself on the desktop

You can download it here:

http://kelds.weebly.com/sjov.html

Hope you enjoy it !
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline Bishop

Re: Your knurling is not looking good ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:43:12 AM »
Thanks Ksor, I haven't down loaded the program yet but I will and let you know how it goes. I know I need to calculate work diameters to get a proper Knurl but I've been a bit lazy and tend to have a go first and realize my mistake second. This program will leave me no excuse.

Cheers
Shawn

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:04:52 AM »
Thanks Ksor, I haven't down loaded the program yet but I will and let you know how it goes. I know I need to calculate work diameters to get a proper Knurl but I've been a bit lazy and tend to have a go first and realize my mistake second. This program will leave me no excuse.

Cheers
Shawn
Some says it's "over thinking" to start calculate when knurling - I think it's a path to go and when one gets more experienced maybe it can be dropped Again - I don't know !
Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Offline Mayhem

• purveyor of mischief
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »
Thanks KSor

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Hi Ksor,

You should try and make some of your programs work in Linux !

Best Regards:
                     Baron

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:26 PM »
Hi Ksor,

You should try and make some of your programs work in Linux !

I haven't got so many programs yet, but now I have 4-5 old ThinkPads/ThinkCenters with XP I HAVE to update to Linux, maybe I'll try to find out how to do it.
Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Offline clivel

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:01:56 AM »
I haven't got so many programs yet, but now I have 4-5 old ThinkPads/ThinkCenters with XP I HAVE to update to Linux, maybe I'll try to find out how to do it.
If you program in C++ I can really recommend the Qt toolkit an excellent cross platform toolkit - Windows, Linux and Mac. Actually it is so comprehensive and well implemented that I use it even if I am developing Windows only applications for clients.  It is far better than anything provided by Microsoft.

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
If you program in C++ I can really recommend the Qt toolkit an excellent cross platform toolkit - Windows, Linux and Mac. Actually it is so comprehensive and well implemented that I use it even if I am developing Windows only applications for clients.  It is far better than anything provided by Microsoft.

Plus 1

Best Regards:
                     Baron