Author Topic: 6X4 Bandsaw mod 2  (Read 6922 times)

Offline mfletch

6X4 Bandsaw mod 2
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
This is a carry on from 6x4 bandsaw mod

vertical table

This is the bandsaw vertical table mod it may be a little different from others it’s easy to put on and take off just using one lever

I’ve put a small table on the saw first which can be used as it is but then made a larger table with a quick release mechanism made from a pair of mole grips welded to the underside of the table these push and lock the table into a bracket also welded to the underside of the table they both lock onto the small table I mentioned earlier

Hopefully the pictures with clarify things hope you enjoy the mod and have ago at making one yourself.

reinforcing bar welded to base

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: 6X4 Bandsaw mod 2
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
That is pretty cool.

I have one in mind, but I want to do a guide channel for it as well.

The idea of a quick release is promising!
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 02:29:44 AM »
Hi fletch
                        Nice job, I added a table similar in size to yours a number of years ago, and it is one of the best mods I have made. It however is not quite as easy to remove as yours, having to remove the two screws is a bit of a pain when you are in a hurry.
                                                                              Cheers David

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:56:04 AM »
Thats it gotta get me a big bandsaw.. thought of doing that to a portaband.. but a portaband isnt that usefull in the end anyway..
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline picclock

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:12:28 PM »
@ Neotech  I thought I'd be able to manage with a disc cutter and hacksaw, but then I started working with 2" steel and it was a no brainer. Got mine second hand from Warco for £60 I think, shocking condition but fixable. Couldn't do without it now - grown too soft.

Best regards

picclock
Engaged in the art of turning large pieces of useful material into ever smaller pieces of (s)crap. (Ferndown, Dorset)