Author Topic: car boot sale  (Read 121426 times)

Offline krv3000

Re: car boot sale
« Reply #200 on: October 23, 2016, 01:03:50 PM »
sos  howsitwork  for the long delay yep its a ultrasonic tank from a budget chane supermarket the one beginning with the later A   £19.99 three year guarantee and I have gave it sum stick and it ant complained once  starting to show sine's of miss youse but as fortunet that we have a industrial ultrasonic tank at work and can get the cleaning fluwerd for nothing  any way this weeks boot sale bargens went to a new one that's opened up in doers and got sum bits and paces two tubs of metal filler sell by date had long since past for the sum of £1 a old glasses case and a old puncher reaper tin of taps and dyes £8 sum of the taps are brand new right pics 

Offline krv3000

« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »
well bin shopping once more I got a moor and right 0 to 50 micrometre for £2  a batter driven dermal for £2 the dermal was not working but it is gnaw right pics

Offline micktoon

« Reply #202 on: October 30, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »
Not a bad days booting Bob , nice fix on the dremel handy bit of kit  :thumbup:
 Cheers Mick

Offline micktoon

« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2016, 05:18:05 AM »
Not a bad days booting Bob , nice fix on the dremel handy bit of kit  :thumbup:
 Cheers Mick

Offline millwright

• Leeds West Yorshire
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
A 0 to 50mm Moore and Wright Mic in its box and with the adjusting tools £2  :doh: I dont know you find them Bob, last boot sale i went to £15 was bieng asked for a 25 to 50mm mic no box  and very tatty, chap wouldnt haggle take or leave it. so i left it. Happy Booting.

John

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2016, 05:00:04 PM »
Nice one Bob.

I got a Proxon mini drill for 22 which , although not a bargain like yours , I was well impressed with.

Just cooked the inverter on my wood lathe  :doh: so replacement now needed. One I "had in stock" has so far turned the power off twice so I'm less than popular at the moment :(

Are you OK now?

Offline krv3000

« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
lol I had a welding set that did that her in doors was not imprest a parentally something exciting was happening  in her faveret  sope opera  then the tv went off  it sat their for   10 mints before she realised the electricity was off    lol I as ok

Offline Will_D

• National Homebrew Club of Ireland
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2016, 06:54:41 PM »
Question:
Whats the Irish for "Engineer's Car Boot Sale"?

Answer:
There isn't!  :doh:

Ye are all very lucky to live in the UK!
Engineer and Chemist to the NHC.ie
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/

Offline krv3000

« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2016, 06:17:33 PM »
lol I often find micrometres at the boot sale but their always inch so I never bother with them ones I have cum a cross sum reely well rusted up ones that they think is worth a fortune and the comment is that's cheep I can sell it for dub ell that on the net   lol       

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #209 on: November 05, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »
Aye Bob,

got one of those a Moore and Wright -  the head LOOKS lovely but is absolutely solid Jammed. Had penetrating oil in for MONTHS. Might try using oil in the ultrasonic.

OK I've got loads of good ones which work fine but it's the PRINCIPAL of the damn thing defeating me that hurts :hammer:

Got a box of needle files today ( about 50 files) for 10 so fairly happy. And a pair of new Record 18inch F clamps for 15 ( you can never have too many clamps after all ). Mind you froze me nuts off in the bitter wind.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
We are lucky over here it's + 20 gotta love the chinook's in the winter time! I picked this up for $50.00 its from a school but the part that holds the table on is cast and has snapped.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:27 AM »
 :bugeye: I thought Id done well over the past few months not game to show my scratchings  :Doh:

Well maybe but I have to go back in this thread to see what I posted last back soon I hope.  Last posting was way back LOL.

Ray

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2016, 01:21:06 AM »
Since the move we have visited a number of markets and antique fairs as well as generouse gifts here are some of them. Date from June to Nov 2016.

This first lot of ball slides, slotting saws set of gears which a metric and fit the Myford.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2016, 01:26:44 AM »
There is just as much woodworking stuff collected/bought to.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2016, 01:30:04 AM »
 :Doh: I've just realised how much i have acquired in 6 months  :) This was a buy for the ML7 myford.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2016, 01:39:13 AM »
assortment of woodworking saws square etc Bundel of router bits all 1/2
2 sheets of copper plate 6mm and 4mm

I have cleaned up the spirit level, square, ratchet screw driver and saw.

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2016, 01:44:22 AM »
The there was te little tool box of crap stuff 3 times I wheeled past it eventually it followed me home princley sum of $40 the lot.......then I found when closing it up at point of sale it had in it a set of new never used chinese  mini lathe gears. Arbour home made, 2 morse taper chucks drill bits some good some cheap nasty a dead centre there was $20 alone if not more.

thats it for now be back soon :)

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »
 : :coffee:

Don't want to un-nerve anyone but Bob;'s up for sale! :bugeye:

E bay ref http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=chester+milling+machine&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

Looks a bit worn in places but none of us is getting any younger!

Ian

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
Methinks there's summat missing from your link Ian....nothing found but links to a page with  loadsa bits.....
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline kayzed1

« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »
One item for sale is..

KRV 3000 Milling Machine £850 :lol:

Offline Ginger Nut

« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2016, 01:56:00 AM »
Yet more sliders from mate down Sydney as well as steel bar and stainless bar, new pulleys, bits n pieces.

Oh and I bought these chisels off another mate down Sydney

Wood turning blanks Blackwood Red Gum mostly

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2016, 02:57:16 PM »
Ray

I can match you for the chisels but Black wood and Red gum burr, I could cry :drool:

Still have my cookaburra burr to attack. Also some She oak I was given my mate  Guilio Marcolongo in 1999. Keep staring at it but haven't felt upto turning it yet.

Made me weep driving along the coast road past piles of irons wood burr for burning !

Mitre joints on the table frame ? Why not mortice it? Top overhang would have covered the joint.

Regards Ian

Offline johnbaz

• My Flickr
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2016, 05:57:11 PM »
Hi all

Not been to a bootsale now for a while as they've all closed around here!!

One of the last things I bought in summer was this li'l Unimat machine!, I paid £65 for it and another tenner for the mag base, Micrometer and chuck!!

The lathe came with some extras, Dividing head, Flycutter, Milling vice, a polishing head and extra belts and cutting tools!!

The chap I bought it off had never used it!! He set a bit of it up then took it down from what I can see!! It makes in to different types of machines, Five in total I think!!

John  :beer:

Offline johnbaz

• My Flickr
« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »
Some more bits!

The elderly lady wouldn't shift from a tenner for this CK socket set! One bloke walked away miserable, I gave the lady the money as it seems great quality!!

These jigsaw blades were ten quid too, Not a single one was missing, There a similar amount on the other side too!!

A dovetailer for wood, Paid £4 for it and my arm was almost dead by the time I got it back to the car!!

Had four of the digital vernier guages, All four have gone in the buin after malfunctioning, This will last all my life!! I have a Mitotoyu somewhere too!!

Can't remember what I paid for these but it wouldn't have been much!!

Equivalent charts (All are around 24" tall) Can't remember what I paid for these either!

The three on the left were a quid each, The three on the right were a quid for all three!!

John  :beer:

Offline mexican jon

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2016, 07:17:09 PM »
I've missed these posts  :whip: Glad you are finding bargains again   :thumbup: As for the Unimat ML that was a bargain they are abot 550 to buy new  :drool: You can even still get the CNC conversion kit for them  :drool: :drool:
People say you only live once ! I say thank F@*K can't afford to do it twice.