Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Calliper knurling tool

(1/8) > >>

Rik Shaw:
This is my take on a calliper knurling tool. I made it from bits in my scrap box. The adjuster arms I made from a stainless steel cupboard handle for instance. The only things I never made on it are the small patterned knurling wheels which were manufactured by QUICK and the three screws holding down the keep plate (although I did dress and polish the heads on the screws). This version of a knurling tool is based on a design which was originally manufactured by a company called MARLCO and is considered to be the Rolls Royce of knurling tools.

For a small lathe - mine is a WARCO WM250 VF - this is a hefty tool at nearly 7" long and weighing one kilo but it  cuts the mustard big time. I have included a photo of a knurl that the tool formed on a steel bar.

Rik

NeoTech:
This is probably one of the easiest constructions ive seen on these clamp knurling tools.. brilliant.! =)

BaronJ:
Hi Rik,
Nice work !  Looks good with very clean lines.
Your photos should have something in there to give an idea of size.  Those knurls look tiny.

ieezitin:
Rik

I absolutely agree with Neotech that's a sleek design. i just completed one myself otherwise i would build this one myself.

Thanks for showing it.

Anthony

Henning:
How's that for a first post  :thumbup:

Great work! Any drawings for this? It looks slightly more wellbuilt than the original Marlco one which I saw one time. (The knurling wheels were between two plates on that IIRC)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version