Author Topic: ArcEurotrade Ordering  (Read 17054 times)

Offline allanchrister

ArcEurotrade Ordering
« on: March 17, 2014, 10:40:58 AM »
Well, I guess its because of the life my wife and I lead, but I've just been astonished at the very unhelpful and couldn't care less attitude when I just called up ArcEurotrade to make an order.  However, as my bank account and credit card is registered in the US, and my wife is in the Foreign Office and we are based in Thailand, and I wanted an order mailed to our B&B in Northumberland when we are on vacation there next month, they absolutely, categorically refused to even discuss the issue, insisting that they only would send an order direct to the card holders address.  Wouldn't even discuss it.  Unfortunately, the things I really wanted were some 10/20/40 and 20/40/60 blocks and some square and hex ER32 holders that are only available from them. I asked about other forms of payment and they said the only way is to stop at their shop/warehouse and pay cash, but Leicester is not on our route.....nowhere near.

Does anyone know where else these items are sold, if they have a web page, and if they would deliver to an address other than the cardholders address.  I have had absolutely no problems with any other vendor in the UK, even Amazon, who regularly deliver expensive books anywhere I want in the world.

I'm very disappointed.....

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
Re: ArcEurotrade Ordering
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
As someone that has been building e-commerce sites and systems professionally for my entire career. I can say, if you wouldnt have been based in Thailand, that wouldnt have been an issue at all. But the major part of credit card fraud comes out of thailand, vietnam and laos these days. So most traders are really careful, really really careful with orders from those regions. And i understand your disappointment, but it's the reality for many online traders. :/

I would say the easiest way is to let a fellow forum member order them and just send em to you. Otherwise ebay have those step blocks, the Square and Hex ER32 holders is not that common though and Arc is the best source for them.  :(
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
Hi Neo,

I understand about the Thailand business, but that's not where I am ordering from, asking for stuff to be sent or even where my CC is based out of. I really appreciate CC security, but other vendors in the UK (and I have just booked hotels and car rentals with the same card) have no issue with this, and there is a definite address for items to be sent to in Northumberland.  Just the arrogant couldn't care less attitude and didn't want to help at all to sell his company's products.  Will certainly not recommend ArcEurotrade to anyone....

Allan

lordedmond

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
As a person who has just been stung for £500 by traders not delivering to the card holders address , I think they did the correct thing by declining your order , and I wish all traders would only deliver to the card holders address it would have save me a lot of hassle

Yes my bank did sort it out its the hassle of sorting out the good from the bad and having to wait for new cards to be sent out and accounts changed over

you could arrange with the B&B to order them for you and pay them , hotel booking are different to goods sent out as far as the CC company is concerned

Stuart

Offline mattinker

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:16 AM »
As someone that has been building e-commerce sites and systems professionally for my entire career. I can say, if you wouldnt have been based in Thailand, that wouldnt have been an issue at all. But the major part of credit card fraud comes out of thailand, vietnam and laos these days. So most traders are really careful, really really careful with orders from those regions. And i understand your disappointment, but it's the reality for many online traders. :/

I would say the easiest way is to let a fellow forum member order them and just send em to you. Otherwise ebay have those step blocks, the Square and Hex ER32 holders is not that common though and Arc is the best source for them.  :(

It's nothing to do with Thailand, I live in France, I wanted to pay Arc with my French Visa card and have them deliver to my son's UK address, nothing doing!

I was never given a reason that I could understand!

Regards, Matthew

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
Stuart,

I think that's the only alternative - if they are willing.  I could give the B&B the cash, the web page and the order info, when I arrive, and see what happens.  But that's a lot to ask for from a B&B owner, don't you think?  They wouldn't even take PayPal, or allow me to send them cash directly.......and why don't Amazon do the same thing then?? I have ordered dozens of books to be sent as gifts to friends all over the world without hassle, and of even greater value than my relatively small order. Just completed an order for some model locomotive brass etchings without hassle as well......

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
Then they are incredibly paranoid. I know several clients of mine has issues with specific regions tho.
Machinery: Optimum D320x920, Optimum BF20L, Aciera F3. -- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. http://www.roughedge.se/blogg/

lordedmond

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:15 AM »
Allan

Amazon can stand it maybe Arc are not willing to stand the potential loss its to do with the floor limit that the CC learning house has set

Yes its a pain but I think its set out in there terms of business , but not sure

Good luck hope it turns out ok for you

Stuart

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
Living in the UK I've obviously not had these complications, but I'd just like to stand up on behalf of ArcEurotrade. I've had several dealings with them over the years and they've never been anything other than helpful and honest.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
Well Allan,

It is disappointing to read that you consider that we are 'arrogant' and that we 'couldn't care less'.

We take CC security seriously. Nothing to do with being paranoid. You are based in Thailand, card registered in the U.S., and you want us to ship to an address in U.K.. Well, sorry but your own credit card company will not guarantee this payment in any way what so ever. So, if they are not prepared to guarantee your payment, why is it 'arrogant' if we decline?...also your conversation with a member of my team would suggest that your order was expected to be in the region of GBP1,000.00, even though your opening post and earlier comment suggests that your order was 'small'. Large or small however, is not the point. Getting payment guarantees is.

Amazon can take the risk, they can afford to take the hit, but ARC simply cannot. As for PayPal, we do not regard them with the same level of respect as you do. Their guarantees are worthless, and they are not governed or regulated by any 'official' financial institution in the world. Hence, at present we only consider PayPal orders for up to GBP100.00 in value.

Our policy is there for a reason. It is there to protect our customers as well as us. We and other traders in our line of business get targeted regularly from around the world, including U.K., and each one of us decide what risk we are prepared to take. If others chose to take higher risks than us, it is really up to them. We can only comment on our policy. If you feel that is arrogant, that is your wish.

Ketan at ARC.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:16:09 AM by ketanswali »
Ketan @ ARC

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »

It's nothing to do with Thailand, I live in France, I wanted to pay Arc with my French Visa card and have them deliver to my son's UK address, nothing doing!

I was never given a reason that I could understand!

Regards, Matthew

Example Reason: We have Russian Companies based in two parts of the U.K., who have 'Platinum' credit cards registered in U.K., France, as well as certain other countries, placing orders for delivery to U.K. addresses. Their bankers are well known, well established British banks, and U.K. addresses can be found clearly on Google Earth. So, why would shipments made to these U.K. addresses disappear?..perhaps you should ask the same question to one or two of our competitors who have fallen victim to this...considering that their approach to risk is different from ours...or perhaps you should ask PayPal why a higher percentage of French buyers who choose to pay by PayPal create mischief?...We have won every PayPal dispute because of our security measures, but the process is not easy jumping through the PayPal hoops if you are a small company like ours.

There are so many example reasons, but it will always be difficult for me to give you a reason which you will understand because ARCs policy made ARC fail to do what you want it to do. :med:
Ketan @ ARC

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 01:52:43 PM »
I had a phone call from a nice lady in Canada a couple of years back asking if I'd ordered $400 worth of T Shirts to be delivered to an address in New York. When I said no she said "I thought not, I would cancel your credit card if I were you". Delivering to a work address in the same country of residence is one thing, delivering to a completely different country is something else.

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
Living in the UK I've obviously not had these complications, but I'd just like to stand up on behalf of ArcEurotrade. I've had several dealings with them over the years and they've never been anything other than helpful and honest.

Likewise, never had an issue with Ketan or Arc.....just a satisfied customer.

eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline clivel

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
Unfortunately the internet has given petty thieves and con artists global scope for their activities.
A friend of mine here in Canada recently found that his card had been used for thousands of dollars of purchases delivered to an address in Argentina. After a number of calls back and forth to the card company, they eventually credited his account. From what he understood the card company was going to pass the loss onto the merchants involved. So one can well understand smaller merchants wanting to minimize their risk. The Amazons of the world are big enough bear the risk themselves, or big enough to stand up to the credit card companies.

That being said, I did run into a problem with Arc a few years ago. After placing an on-line order I received an email form the "Security Team" informing me that my "order was declined for security reasons", my initial reaction was that I felt that I was being treated like a criminal, but once I calmed down enough to send Ketan a polite email, an explanation was proffered and my order was processed without further delay. All subsequent purchases from Arc have gone absolutely smoothly.

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
Then they are incredibly paranoid. I know several clients of mine has issues with specific regions tho.

As a builder of e-commerce websites, you can definitely understand the situation, even if you think that we are incredibly paranoid. Have you tried to be in your clients shoes  :)...

If your clients are anything like us, first we have to deal with the bank or PayPal, which 'captures' the payment on our side. Then, at the insistence of such 'capturers', each transaction has to go through a security gateway provider. In ARCs case, it is 'SagePay' who screens every capture. To screen every capture, a certain level of 'interbank' understanding/co-operation has to be in place, in accordance with international agreements. This does not include PayPal and virtual debit/credit cards or any other fancy method. The level of screening available is dependent on the level of co-operation the payers bank wishes enter into. This again is variable from country to country. This is supposed to be uniform, but it is not. Example, Spanish banks provide the lowest level of security risk co-operation, Norway banks are somewhere in the middle, Swedish banks provide a good level of security risk assessment, and so on.

At the end, SagePay provides us a risk report bases on at least three or four factors, including confirmation to say if the payers bank guarantees the payment or not. Then it is up to ARC if we take the payment or not. Once we accept, only then is the payment is released to our bank, which happens to be Swedish :beer:.....becasue I am paranoid about the poor service of British banks! :ddb:

We are one of the few traders who only take 'authorisation' of payment value through our website. We do not take immediate payment with order. We only take the payment when we are ready to process the order, or we cancel the 'authorisation' if we are not happy with the order or for any other reason. However, we are aware that overseas banks and PayPal in certain countries 'take the funds' from the buyer - their customer at the time of authorisation, so in certain cases it looks like ARC has taken the payment, when it clearly has not.

(Presenting in John Stevensons style): TRUE STORY: As another example, such an event happened to a Swedish customer :-) whose payment authorisation we had canceled by mutual agreement, so that he could send large value funds by TT to us. His Swedish bank were insisting on taking their time to release the funds back to his account, so he turned up inside his bank and demanded that they re-credit him back immediately, or they should call the police to remove him from the branch. After a lot of frantic internal bank telephone calls, the funds were released back to him without delay.

You might consider all of this as being paranoid, but we consider this to be part of the baggage of running an internet business. :thumbup:
Ketan @ ARC

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
How do I get a Swedish bank account?  :D

Offline Jonny

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
Certainly alarm bells would have rang out with that one, any legit business would have declined unless could prove identity.
Always had good service from Ketan.

Paypal are a law to themselves, its convenient for both parties if all goes well.
From sellers point of view Paypal can retrieve the money paid weeks after a dispute, so seller could loose out after sending goods.

Probably list on one hand the countries I haven't sold to, no trouble with Thailand, even shipped to Denso and several personal addresses there, good postal service. Try getting stuff back from Russia.

Other forms of payment are available, no effort and usually cheaper than paypal, even the US caught on a few years ago no problem with NZ 10 yr ago. In fact just done one Friday again to Germany one shop £5700 by IBAN, cost me £10 for the business bank transaction fee dead easy. Paypal took £85 fees for buying £1865 ish the other month to a foreign land. Proof of identity was required for the goods not for the payment.
Any business has the right to refuse sale but should look at other methods.

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »
How do I get a Swedish bank account?  :D

I guess you have to become paranoid like me to get a Swedish bank account in the U.K.. :).....In fact, my bankers: Svenska Handelsbanken are just as paranoid as I am...if not more. In the U.K., it is a lot tougher to get an account with them then it is with any U.K. high street bank. Their interrogation process is the good old fashion way, with help and advice from a mature generation of 'real' bankers....and not 'commission salesmen' who call themselves bank managers in our general high street banks. The bank managers at Handelsbanken in the U.K. do not work on commission and the local branch bank manager has the power to make real lending decisions, unlike some faceless young wet behind the ears twat working in some call center in the U.K. head offices of U.K. bank who feeds garbage into his computer and then tell the commission salesman what the computer says...YES or NO. I moved to them about four years ago. On several occasions, they helped me avoid getting into financial holes, which at the time I considered to be pessimistic opinion - not what I wanted to hear, to the extent of what I considered to be paranoia on their part, on certain projects I was working on.  :Doh:...the U.K. high street banks would have said YES SIR to me, in the same situation :palm:... If you want to read about my bank, click this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25336448
Ketan @ ARC

Offline ieezitin

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »
Well I empathize with Allen, I’m an ex-pat from England and live in the US and all my banking is US and I have a hell of a time with finance back and forth the pond, I know the feeling that you have the cash and are legitimate but because of common trash thieves you’re getting nowt , I also blame the banking system, they just can’t or won’t get their act together, in fact I believe the Americans are the worst at it, the banks  say it’s to protect us but really it’s for them and we pay the price by being inconvenienced and are forced to swallow there bad service, now and again we even have to bail erm out too…..

I understand the vendor as well why should he get shafted, there is no out for them either; their force fed the (Bent) broken credit system to which if they refuse the services their out of business.

Ketan…On the customer service issue, since now you know this feller is genuine how about taking his order let the money clear in then send him his stuff…… That would be first class service in my book,

Anthony.
If you cant fix it, get another hobby.

Offline JohnHaine

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »
Maybe some kind madmodder who lives in the uk could order for you and dispatch to your holiday address?

Offline Deko

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 06:35:17 PM »
I have been dealing with ArcEuro for about 10 years now and NEVER had any problems whatsoever.

Cheers Dek. :med:

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »
Well I wasn't going to post but seeing as I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the fray after having had my name used in vain.
 I would just like to add that I for one am pleased than Mr Swali is taking so much care with monetary transactions as I now know my two quid MUST be in safe hand because it sure isn't in mine.  :poke:
John Stevenson

Offline NeoTech

• Roughedge Hobbyworks
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »
Well this escalated quickly.

Ketanswali i do understand your predicament. And that size of order value i had refused as well under those circunstances.

And btw im swedish. Our banks arent better than any other country really. Thiefs all of em. ;)

Offline geoff_p

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
I live in Thailand but, as an ex-Pat, I can't have a credit-card with my Thai bank-account.  I do, however, have a PayPal account linked to my Thai bank-account and it works admirably.  But then I only want goods sent to my address here, where the account is registered.

It is a bit of a b****r when a company don't accept PayPal but that's just my hard luck.

As for ARC, I have had only one dealing with them and I must say, their Service was superb.

Geoff, Thailand

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »
I've tried for the last 15 minutes or so to register with Arc Eurotrade in order to place an order.

I,ve given up as that is the most difficult registration process I've ever encountered.

If someone from Arc wishes to guide me through the seemingly impossible maze then we may get round to doing some business.....OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 12:59:53 AM »
 :nrocks:
Maybe some kind madmodder who lives in the uk could order for you and dispatch to your holiday address?

If Allan is not seriously unhappy with my comments by now, then John Haines and other similar earlier comment would be the simplest solution.
Ketan @ ARC

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 01:09:07 AM »

And btw im swedish. Our banks arent better than any other country really. Thiefs all of em. ;)

I am aware you are Swedish, which is why I gave the Swedish examples earlier.:-).

Regarding the banks, I am sure you are probably right, but I feel happier with my local branch manager giving me firm decisions the old fashioned way rather than a faceless person in a remote location making decisions.;)
Ketan @ ARC

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 01:11:59 AM »
I've tried for the last 15 minutes or so to register with Arc Eurotrade in order to place an order.

I,ve given up as that is the most difficult registration process I've ever encountered.

If someone from Arc wishes to guide me through the seemingly impossible maze then we may get round to doing some business.....OZ.

Email me your telephone number and let me see what we can do, as soon as our office opens in about four hours time.
Ketan @ ARC

Offline mattinker

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 07:15:43 AM »
I have been dealing with ArcEuro for about 10 years now and NEVER had any problems whatsoever.

Cheers Dek. :med:

I too had been dealing with ARC for many years, I just wanted to place a bigger order than usual to benefit from the UK shipping as I was going to visit my son in the UK.

Living outside the UK but in Europe means that buying tools is more expensive!

Regards, Matthew

Offline Arbalist

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »
The "problem"  :palm: with Arceurotrade is that they have the audacity to supply lots of nice stuff that other suppliers don't stock, their postage costs are also very reasonable which doesn't help either ...  :D

Offline rowbare

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 12:41:24 PM »

As a builder of e-commerce websites, you can definitely understand the situation, even if you think that we are incredibly paranoid. Have you tried to be in your clients shoes  :)...

When I read Neo Tech's comment, the first thing that came to my mind was the Andy Grove adage: "Only the Paranoid Survive"...

bob

Offline Mayhem

• purveyor of mischief
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:31 AM »
I travel a fir bit on business and buy tooling whenever I can, as international prices are a lot cheaper than I can buy the same items for in Australia.  Mainly I buy out of the US and frequently have things delivered to hotels I am at or to friends I am visiting.

Quite often, I contact sellers and ask if they could use cheaper international shipping options (e.g. USPS), many of whom are happy to do so and I have not had any lost items when doing this.  However, some refuse to do this and I can appreciate their decision to do so, as I'm sure it adds time and therefore cost to the process.

Some time back I saw the square and hex ER32 collet blocks that ARC were selling and decided I wanted a set.  My Mum was going back home to the UK to visit friends and I saw this as the perfect opportunity to avoid paying shipping (which was more than the cost of the blocks). 

Well, I ran into the same issue as outlined in the OP but I have to say that the correspondence with ARC was quick and polite, and I understood the reasons behind ARC's policy.  The solution was found in the form of a pre-paid card that my Mum had purchased here to carry her GBP currency on.  As it is pre-paid, there is no address linked to it, just the currency on the card.  I was able to place an order using this and have it posted to the address in the UK that my Mum was staying at.  Paying VAT was nothing compared to the cost of international shipping to Australia and I am extremely happy with the collet blocks.

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:04 AM »
Hi Ketan,

Unfortunately, I did find the staff member who declined to even discuss alternative payment methods with me, arrogant and unhelpful.  IIRC I even asked if I could send cash, and this was also declined, with, in my opinion, bad grace and made me feel like a nuisance.  I do understand your paranoia regarding security, but for people outside the UK who wish to order from you, you are about the only model engineering/machinery company that refuses orders on this basis.  For those other posters that are happy with Arceurotrade, then obviously you live in the UK, and should have no issues.  The poster who lives in France who also could not order......then why the 'Eurotrade' part of the name of your company?
My first order was going to be small, but I was prepared to spend a considerable amount more if the service was convenient.  Obviously, it is not. I have not replied for a week as I have been up on a hydro power project on the Nepal/Chinese border at a remote location called Rasuwagadhi.......for those of us who do travel and also have engineering hobbies, having vendors treat us as if we were criminals is disappointing. I guess I'll have to find alternative ways to equip my tooling....

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »
Hi Ketan,

Unfortunately, I did find the staff member who declined to even discuss alternative payment methods with me, arrogant and unhelpful.  IIRC I even asked if I could send cash, and this was also declined, with, in my opinion, bad grace and made me feel like a nuisance.  I do understand your paranoia regarding security, but for people outside the UK who wish to order from you, you are about the only model engineering/machinery company that refuses orders on this basis.  For those other posters that are happy with Arceurotrade, then obviously you live in the UK, and should have no issues.  The poster who lives in France who also could not order......then why the 'Eurotrade' part of the name of your company?
My first order was going to be small, but I was prepared to spend a considerable amount more if the service was convenient.  Obviously, it is not. I have not replied for a week as I have been up on a hydro power project on the Nepal/Chinese border at a remote location called Rasuwagadhi.......for those of us who do travel and also have engineering hobbies, having vendors treat us as if we were criminals is disappointing. I guess I'll have to find alternative ways to equip my tooling....

Hi Allan,

I understand what you are saying, but I don't agree with your comments. If you felt my colleagues behavior over the phone to be arrogant and unhelpful, then please please accept my apologies. With reference to international business,  we have customers around the world who successfully manage to buy, within the guidelines of our policy. A certain percentage of these customers are also International travelers, to include pilots for international airlines, and working on ships at sea. Our policy is born out of our experience. My personal feeling is that one has to experience the bad to make improvements for the good. In that respect, you may feel that ARC is being paranoid by its policy, and you are entitled to that opinion. It does not mean that we consider anyone to be a criminal. Please accept our apology if we made you feel that way. That was not our intension.

Matthew who lives in France, wanted to save money, just like you do. I guess in your case you even want to save on paying taxes for when you take goods back to Thailand. in Matthews case, he could have asked his son to buy on his behalf. I have already explained some of the reasons for our policy earlier. Just because ARC chooses to do business in its way according to its policy, which fails to meet what you want it to do, does not make it a bad seller.

Speaking of experiences or paranoia (you take your pick), our original business (my father and I) between 1986 to 2000 was as International brokers for textile dyes, related chemicals, textile printing machinery, and bearings. Originally, the company operated in an Indian name initials of which are (ARC). This resulted in regular impounding of goods by customs for 'examination' around the world, be it in Dubai, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Zaire, South Africa, Tanzania, India, Singapore and Thailand. One day, based on advice from one of my overseas customers, I changed the Indian business name to a European sounding name, hence 'ARC Euro Trade' was born (nothing to do with European business :-)). Thereafter, my International Customers had far less problems with their relative customs clearances. By the year 2000, demand for brokers/traders like us became less as the Internet made it easier for buyers to find and deal with manufacturers directly, for volume business, and the then 'trusting nature' of our business led to major losses resulting from non-payment from certain international customers and/or payments with strings attached. This was part of the experience/paranoia. Arc Euro Trade closed as a business partnership as my father and I had different opinions about how to do business, and ARC Euro Trade Ltd. was born, of which I am the sole Director, for legal and tax reasons...based on my experience or paranoia.
Ketan @ ARC

Offline mattinker

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
Hi Ketan,

As you say, I wanted to save money, who doesn't. As for "in Matthews case, he could have asked his son to buy on his behalf." There are sometimes moments when it isn't possible! Might I suggest that you introduce a list of people or a system of membership to enable you to keep the customers that you might otherwise loose. I for one will be ordering from you again, I would like to be able to save money by ordering for collection in the UK, I don't get over very often, so I will be ordering from France again. You lost an order to RDG tooling last time!

Regards, Matthew

Offline ketanswali

• arceurotrade
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:58 AM »
You make a valid suggestion Matthew. We may need to find a way to implement this suggestion for certain regular customers who normally ask for delivery to their overseas address. Please drop me an email (off forum) with your full name and address in France, and I will see what is possible.
Ketan @ ARC

Offline mattinker

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
PM sent,

Regards, Matthew.

Offline allanchrister

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2014, 12:29:15 AM »
Hi Ketan,

Thanks for your response and I do understand your trading model.  Your gracious apologies regarding telephone attitudes is accepted, and will be forgotten. Unfortunately, I think you have misunderstood my own intentions, and I would like you to understand where I'm coming from, so to speak.

Your statements:-
1) 'Matthew who lives in France, wanted to save money, just like you do'.

Everyone would like to save money, but in my case this is not necessarily correct.  You seem to be the only vendor of the blocks and the ER32 collets, and I am more than prepared to pay the price you are asking.  Therefore 'saving money' is not my objective. I don't want to encourage you to raise prices, but I would have bought these if they had been twice the price!

2)'I guess in your case you even want to save on paying taxes for when you take goods back to Thailand'.

Again, in my case, incorrect.  While my wife and I do live in Thailand due to my wife's Foreign Office assignment with her German Embassy, we both have diplomatic passports and status and are exempt from taxes and duties, while I travel the region assisting international engineering consultants managing large hydropower and mineral heavy haul rail programmes. All I wanted to do was to collect the items while I was in England in order to check out their quality and be able to return them easily if they were not up to standard.  While I am sure this will not be the case, it is much easier and quicker to collect them while on vacation, as international shipping can sometimes take much longer.

Your policy is established by yourself and satisfies your degree of caution, based on your past experiences with apparently large import/export dealings.  I would have thought that dealing with hobbyists, with much smaller purchases, would have been less problematic, but that is not my decision.  I will try to arrange my small order through other means, but I could not expect any member of this forum, or even my B & B, to fork out $1,000's for a larger order on my behalf.

I suggest we put this matter to rest, as enough has been written.  If you ever amend your policy, please contact me directly by e-mail.

Allan

in Matthews case, he could have asked his son to buy on his behalf. I have already explained some of the reasons for our policy earlier. Just because ARC chooses to do business in its way according to its policy, which fails to meet what you want it to do, does not make it a bad seller

I guess in your case you even want to save on paying taxes for when you take goods back to Thailand. in Matthews case, he could have asked his son to buy on his behalf. I have already explained some of the reasons for our policy earlier. Just because ARC chooses to do business in its way according to its policy, which fails to meet what you want it to do, does not make it a bad seller

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »
Hi Ketan,

You seem to be the only vendor of the blocks and the ER32 collets, and I am more than prepared to pay the price you are asking.  Therefore 'saving money' is not my objective. I don't want to encourage you to raise prices, but I would have bought these if they had been twice the price!

You read that Ketan ??

So there is absolutely no excuse for you to keep hanging on to my two quid.................
John Stevenson

Offline mattinker

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
Hi Ketan,

You seem to be the only vendor of the blocks and the ER32 collets, and I am more than prepared to pay the price you are asking.  Therefore 'saving money' is not my objective. I don't want to encourage you to raise prices, but I would have bought these if they had been twice the price!

You read that Ketan ??

So there is absolutely no excuse for you to keep hanging on to my two quid.................

I had already bought  both the hex and the square ER32 collet blocks and the Stevenson 124 and 248 blocks...

Regards, Matthew

Offline Lykle

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 03:53:53 AM »
OK, so I need to buy these blocks quick before customer suggestions double the price of these things!

Oh, ****, Dutch credit card, living in Cyprus. :-)

Only kidding. About the price and the card.
Can we get back to talking about machining?
Lykle

Design, Build and Enjoy life.