Author Topic: Been a while  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Scuba1

Been a while
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
Well I am back. Had a bit of a busy time the last few month. Got married after 50 years of being solo, moved our boats a few hundred miles south as neither Missus Scuba1 or me like the cold, so we are now in South Carolina.
Just thought I would say hi

ATB

Michael

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Been a while
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »
Well I am back. Had a bit of a busy time the last few month. Got married after 50 years of being solo, moved our boats a few hundred miles south as neither Missus Scuba1 or me like the cold, so we are now in South Carolina.
Just thought I would say hi

ATB

Michael

Hi Michael

It is really good to hear from you. I have been wondering how you have been doing. Last Ihat I from you was a year ago and you had just adopted Leonard & Sheldon. How did that work out for you?.

Hope that everything is working out for you. Please do tell us more.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »
We ended up with 4 birds and all of them made it and are back in the wild. They did come back to the boat for quite a while after they were able to look after themselves. Just to get an easy meal or chat sort of visit. Sometimes the came back with a wild bird in tow as well.

Lind and I got married in October and have traveled down the ICW to Hilton Head where we have friends and one of them has a marine service place, where I work at now and then. It took us two month to get down here from Baltimore where we stopped over for about 2 month as well. Had to rewire a 53 foot Hatteras from a friend after it sunk a few years ago, the electrical system turned funny colours and needed to be replaced.

Our "fleet" has expanded a bit as well and we added a 19 foot runabout just to drive to work with.

So now we have the 50 foot houseboat, 36 foot sailboat a inflatable dink with a old 6 horse outboard that I restored
Said runabout , a kayak and saving up to get a paddle board. We live at anchor and its like waterworld with our motley crew of 5 cats.

So thats the almost last year in a nutshell.

ATB

Michael

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
Hi Michael.

Congratulations on the new, Lifetime Shipmate!  :)

Good to see you're doing well, and happy.  :clap: :clap:

David D

David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Kjelle

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
Congrats, Scuba, and of course your wife! Your boat must be a home, as it has all of 5 cats on board... Remember, a house without a cat, is just a house....

Kjelle (wife and 2 of our own, and 2 scaries from a shelter)

Offline Scuba1

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »
Its kind of like waterworld out here with our fleet all tied together.  :)