Author Topic: Harrogate Show 9 - 11 May  (Read 17102 times)

Offline dawesy

Re: Harrogate Show 9 - 11 May
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2014, 04:33:18 PM »
had a great day today. took my 14 year old son and he loved it. got some new bits for the lathe, ran out of cash or id have bought more.
some amazing models on show, especially the worn out look model trucks.
definitely going next year
Lee.
wishing my workshop was larger :(

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2014, 06:15:25 PM »
Went today, has an interesting day out, met some interesting people, would have met more if pratt features here had remembered to take his phone after carefully remembering to charge it overnight  :scratch:

Bought some Allite <sp> gasket material for a job and to see how the laser handles this, some taper and parallel punches to replace the ones shagged up over the years, Couple of 13mm spanners, hopefully a breeding pair as I am desperately short of this size for some reason.

Three new Sino DRO covers to replace ageing ones. £100 pounds worth of cutters and tips of Jenny

Peak tools was selling some gen you whine Eclipse 12" hacksaw blades £5 for 10 which is an absolute steal so grabbed a few bundles.

One of those green A2 cutting boards thinly disguised as a combined keyboard mat, mouse mat and coffee cup holder.

Far corner, hall 2 was a young lady selling LED lamps, she's always in that spot. This year she had some 10W single LED floodlights in IP 66 format, bright ?? I reckon you could TiG weld with one.

Back workshop which has a high ceiling is not very well lit despite having a total of 20 four foot tubes in a bank of 5 lights. Partly due to them being recessed between the rafters and a non insulated ceiling and not painted. Roof needs extending to cover in another 8' x 8' area and existing felt roof is 20 years old and reaching end of life.

Late summer plan is to remove all the lighting, sheet up inside with 6mm MDF / ply ? etc painted white, then nip outside, rip the roofing sheets off, cram the space with insulation [ easier from the top ] then replace the roof with steel sheeting which is far more cost effective that having it re roofed and felted.

Then the idea is to use these floods inside to light walkways and each machine for general lighting and rely on machine lighting for the final solution. Bought 20 lights, got an ace deal on them and I reckon that they will pay back in under a year seeing as the lights are on 10 hours per day. Won't need all 20 but spares will come in handy around the place.
John Stevenson

Offline garym

• Manchester, England
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2014, 06:39:45 PM »
Hi Gary,

We left at 3:30 hoping to miss the worst of the traffic but we were going nicely along the M62 when everything ground to a crawl. The signs above said 40 - we were lucky if we could manage 2! According to the radio there was a vehicle fire some miles ahead of us.

We eventually came off the M62 to find a quieter route but so did thousands of others.

When we left there was still an enormous queue towards Harrogate coming from the Wetherby direction.

Cheers.

Phil.

Sorry about that Phil. We hit a bit of a queue at about 2pm going the other way due to same incident. Only delayed us by ten minutes though. Also we usually go via Leeds A61 rather than Wetherby.

Nice to meet Dek "Deko" and John "millwright". Everyone else who went, you should have come and said hello.

Gary
Workshop activity resumes now ankle improving :-)

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
Hi
I was there yesterday
I thought that the trade stands were a bit thin on the ground this year
I was surprised at how many people recognised me from my you tube vids
John

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »
Some video and a load of stills from the show......

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:24:26 PM by Stilldrillin »

Offline krv3000

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »
as per johne well dun and thanks for the coments