Author Topic: I love scale anything...  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Keithhs

I love scale anything...
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:51:33 AM »
Hello,
As the subject says I love scale models of almost anything. I have made things as varied as steam engines, construction machinery, garden rakes, shoe spoons, and tools...I started about 12 years ago when I bought my first lathe. I knew nothing about metal working, but with a few books and the internet I learned..Pictured here is my second scale model it is a 1/20 th scale model of an engine that exist in Texas..There are no casting...It was built from scrap metal and about 120 pictures...The original engine was made in Kansas City, Kansas and ended it's working life in a textile mill....The "brickwork" is embossed aluminum...It runs on a few pounds of air at about 80 RPM...the oilers actually are working models..

Offline Sid_Vicious

Re: I love scale anything...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:15:27 AM »
Nice work, that's a good looking piece of art.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:54:03 AM by Sid_Vicious »
Nothing is impossible, it just take more time to figure out.

Offline garym

• Manchester, England
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 07:52:34 AM »
Very nice work, looks like some of the engines in the mills of North West England where I am.

http://www.nmes.org/

Gary
Workshop activity resumes now ankle improving :-)

Offline Keithhs

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and the link....fantastic collection....I think that steam engines were used there later than they were in the USA...Steam engines were probably used longer in saw mills than any other place, due to the availability of scrap wood for fuel... This is a semi scale model of a small engine used in a sawmill..it is a rocking valve engine..Approx 1/12th scale. This was my first model...