Author Topic: At our creek  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Scuba1

At our creek
« on: June 22, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
They pulled this little lizard out of Scull Creek about half a mile down from where we are anchored.

Name is Big Al and he has been around for a while and even used to have his own facebook page. Now some golfers complained that he was in the sand bunker things sunning himself and so he had to be relocated. They took him up to the santee river and let him go there in a wildlife reserve. Those guys being pretty teretorial, he is probably on his way back as I write  :mrgreen:

ATB

Michael

Can't they just relocate the golfers ...after all they have cars  :Doh:

Offline vtsteam

• Global Moderator
  • Republic of Vermont
Re: At our creek
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »
I used to hear them roar right through the hull of my boat. Could have been a half mile away, but the sound travels underwater.

Once I was feeling around the bottom beneath the boat with a magnet tied to the end of a boat hook, to try to retrieve some Vice-Grip pliers I'd dropped overboard when something grabbed the hook and gave me big yank back. Decided to forgo retrieval that day.

One night I had to go overboard in the middle of the Peace River in SW Florida to cut loose a crab pot line wrapped around the prop and shaft while others aboard scanned the area for gators with a single flashlight. That was a very long 5 minutes.
I love it when a Plan B comes together!
Steve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDubB0-REg

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: At our creek
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 12:35:16 PM »
Michael

Nice to see that you are keeping watch on some of the local critters.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don