Author Topic: Spray Pattern  (Read 10878 times)

Offline Fergus OMore

Re: Spray Pattern
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 11:29:57 AM »
Actually, it has been hotter in the UK( even the Scottish Highlands, too) than at my home in Menorca in the Balearic Islands. Regarding Moggies, probably the best thing is the odd urban fox or a passing buzzard. The only thing that will take on a determined buzzard is a flock of gulls- but they **** worse than pigeons.

As I said, I've been in Sunny Spain- not quite Shagaluf but having fun. We got bored-after the first 3 weeks- and took to lacing the bird table and cat dishes with gin soaked pet food. In her youth( when I can't recall) she made wheat wine and tipped the used raisins and wheat onto the local field outside her seaside cottage. Many a happy hour can be spent watching inverted flight and the local livestock getting plastered.

My father- being tee total, didn't have access to such delights. Our local Moggies dug up his seedlings and he got my mother to get fish heads as well as the more edible stuff. He kept the heads in the greenhouse until they glowed. He put them on odd metal sheets in the centre of rings of creosote.
Fine the cats loved the fish and went back home and curled up on their owners sofa- complete with creosote.

Enough for one day. There is them use of   fishing line which bits of meat/fish can be fastened.
Another day, perhaps

Norman

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Spray Pattern
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »
Reminds me of Tom Lehrer  "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park"

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:27:33 PM by dsquire »
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex