Author Topic: Air hose and cord storage  (Read 4800 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Air hose and cord storage
« on: August 16, 2014, 06:46:18 AM »
I have had the bits and pieces to build an air hose spool holder along with all the small air chucks,blow guns etc. that seems to hide when you go to use them! I had a number of Items collecting dust around the shop. This is what I came up with.

Cleaned and welded up, got to love the HF lift tables. Makes it easy for us older farts to work around the iron on some projects.

Here it is after the primer and top coat is on.

My only miscalculation was that with all the airhoses on it I didn't have enough weight on the back side. Since it will be in the location next to the pressor and not move about I may bolt it to the floor. Only one of the hose reels will be hooked to the pressor and the other one for storage of the shorter hoses it does get some of the mess under control. I have a number of rims repurposed uses from vise bases to cement fill canopy anchors.
 :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Meldonmech

Re: Air hose and cord storage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:38:15 AM »

Hi Glen, that will never break or wear out, looks well in blue.

Cheers  David

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
Center post was a follow me home, the same for the rim got to love the rims. The oil pan on top was one of a couple I have stored. Along with the OSHA blue paint from when our local hardware & lumber yard went out of business. I bought about 70  rattle cans. Nobody wanted the blue, or JD green and some other off the wall colors but there were a primer/rust/top coat. So I use the weird colors as primer. Even the hose reels were clearance @ Horrible Fright out of the box deals.
My only mistake was not putting more weight on the back side, now will have to bolt it to the floor. It rocks to much when pulling the hose out or cranking it in. :thumbup: :nrocks: :ddb: :nrocks:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »
oooooo nice